Why become a member? ×

'79 Guild B-301

99ster

[b]1979 Guild B-301[/b] - all black
Time to thin out the herd. I love this one - but it just doesn't get played enough (too many basses to play at once!) - which is a shame.
Bought from 'MacDaddy' a few months ago.
...it’s well mojo’d for sure – with plenty of play wear & dinks in the body & neck – but plays well, sounds great (lot of mid-range grunt) & looks as cool as F**K (quite possibly the coolest looking 'rock n roll' bass there is).
Complete with hard case (not original) & new set of DR strings.
[b]£450[/b] - and any interesting trades always welcome!

[attachment=1599:78_B301_full_front.jpg]
[attachment=1600:78_B301_full_back.jpg]

[b]*** NOW SOLD ***[/b]

Edited by 99ster

I got a bollocking off some blokes dad because of one of these basses.

We were headlining (if you can call it that) a gig of several local bands and we cream-pied one of the support bands while they were playing...this was 1980-ish. The bands bass player was using a 301 and his dad went bezerk at me and the rest of my group, no not for wrecking the band's show mid-set but for getting a few blobs of shaving foam on the pickup.

P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard one of these played at an outdoor gig at our local town show at the weekend..There was an Elvis tribute act on the stage, though from where I was standing I couldn't see the band. Naturally, I was listening out for the bass and thought 'that sounds pretty good', so went to have a look and it was a red one of these Guilds..Lovely rich, warm sound to it and looked very cool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...