Why become a member? ×

Ocean Blue Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string with Hiscox case

Delberthot

This must be a new record - I've had this bass for all of 10 days, played one gig and had one practice with it.

This is a seriously phenomenal bass.

Its one of the fastest playing basses I've ever owned. You can play a million miles an hour and it will reproduce every note clearly. none of this muddy, notes running together rubbish. Don;t think that this is a polite bass either: it can get very aggresive sounding and growly if the need arises.

The bass is very similar, control wise as a Musicman Sterling, it has 2 MM MEC humbuckers which can each be independently switched between series, single coil & parallel modes. Other controls are Volume, pickup pan, treble & bass. The volume also pulls up to activate passive mode.

The width of the neck is 45mm at the nut and 61mm at the 12th fret

All specs can be found here:

[url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=22016&cl=EN#"]http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/pro...2016&cl=EN#[/url]

I would say that it sounds somewhere between a Thumb and a 2 band Stingray.

The bass was made in August 2005 going by the serial number.

When I got the bass it didn;t have any of the associated adjustment thingies but I will include both sized allen keys for it. It also comes with the usual strap locks as well and has a brand new set of 45-135 Yellow Label nickel Warwick strings fitted. It will come in a Hiscox hard case which includes the key.

the bass has a few scratches here and there and a couple of dings. Unfortunately my camera is far too good and makes them all look 10 times worse than they are. The case has got a dent in it as well pointing out the way but is still rock solid. I've taken as many pictures of any marks as I could but can supply more if you want them.

I've given it a full setup and clean. I went over the back of the neck with steel wool so its smooth as the proverbial

I'm finished buying any more basses as I have come to the conclusion that the gold bass is the only one I will ever need so its cash only on this one.

I don;t have any cardboard to put the case in but can bubblewrap it for posting or alternatively can meet up somewhere for the cost of fuel. I'm going to be in Southport next week on holiday so as long as it doesn;t take too much out of my day I could arrange to meet down that neck of the woods.

Anyhoo, enough talk - here are the pics:

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='budget bassist' post='391975' date='Jan 26 2009, 05:57 PM']Nice, i can vouch for these $$'s, i recently bought one, and the amount of growl and punch they pack is truly amazing![/quote]

Out of curiosity where did you get this bass, the way the dings are it looks like it could be my old one which i sold off, itd be pretty crazy if it was.

This might have to be put on hold for a week. The end of today is probably the latest time i can get a courier organised to come before I go on holiday.

Alternatively, if you live near the M74, A74 or M6 as far down as Southport I can drop it off on saturday.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='394096' date='Jan 28 2009, 09:55 PM']:P you guys are so indecisive!

well... i'm a good one to talk...[/quote]

The funny thing is i traded her over a year ago for a mm sterling. I dont regret it but i did miss the bass, i seen it for sale then here again and i had to get it back. I know the marks on it like the back of my hand ;).