Why become a member? ×

Frets... and my next Bass...

Paul Cooke

OK, I've gone up to a better quality Bass in the shape of my Peavey Millenium BXP, but I feel it's holding me back action-wise...

I had the chance to play with a Fender 51P RI in one shop and a MIA Jazz in the other... I wasn't able to try out a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz as they hadn't arrived yet.

What I really liked about the 51P RI was the low profile "vintage" frets... but I considered it to limit me in styles (yes, I know some early Jazz albums were recorded with a 51P). I did like the price I was offered though... £280 but didn't have the moulah immediately available...

I liked the MIA Jazz, however the price was way outside my budget... and the frets... I'm not sure I like Jumbo frets anymore after having had a go with the vintage frets.

I'm going to hold off on my next Bass decision until after having tried the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz... I've heard so much about it being a lot of Bass for your money... but it's got Jumbo frets...

Anyone else wonder why everybody gets Jumbo frets pushed at them?

Vintage style frets v Jumbo......Hard.......Very hard...............Schools out for me , my J bass vintage frets (well 80's style) my No 1 bass and I love it, but pick up my Tokai P bass different...... better......I dont know.................All I can say is..........Gosh I'm no help forget it LOL :huh: :huh: :) :huh: