Why become a member? ×

renewed intro and a question!

Luther Blissett

Hi,

It's been a while, But I finally am back on basschat.

first lets tackle the standard introduction among bass players

bass: 1996 Ibanze ATK 300
amplifier : carlsbro something... (looking for a gbe 600)
efx: EHX pulsar, nano smallstone, BMS, Bass Big Muff, LBM, Stereo Electric Mistress; Behringer Bass Overdrive, Bass Flanger and BDI 21 ; Boss PH-3, PS-3, DD-20; DOD FX 25

The Music:

I play in Karen Eliot, en improv duo / trio / fivepiece (depends on the occasion). Usually guitar and bass, microphones an a lot of effects. If you're curious: you can listen to it here: www.myspace.com/wearekareneliot

The question: well, I want to order some new equipment (headphone, verbzilla, some studio stuff), and I was wondering if I could profit from the low pound. But 'im looking for an online shop in the UK which ships to the continent and has good value on it's prices. Anything you can advise?

thx!

Luther

[quote name='Luther Blissett' post='390290' date='Jan 24 2009, 11:35 AM']Hi,

It's been a while, But I finally am back on basschat.

first lets tackle the standard introduction among bass players

bass: 1996 Ibanze ATK 300
amplifier : carlsbro something... (looking for a gbe 600)
efx: EHX pulsar, nano smallstone, BMS, Bass Big Muff, LBM, Stereo Electric Mistress; Behringer Bass Overdrive, Bass Flanger and BDI 21 ; Boss PH-3, PS-3, DD-20; DOD FX 25

The Music:

I play in Karen Eliot, en improv duo / trio / fivepiece (depends on the occasion). Usually guitar and bass, microphones an a lot of effects. If you're curious: you can listen to it here: www.myspace.com/wearekareneliot

The question: well, I want to order some new equipment (headphone, verbzilla, some studio stuff), and I was wondering if I could profit from the low pound. But 'im looking for an online shop in the UK which ships to the continent and has good value on it's prices. Anything you can advise?

thx!

Luther[/quote]

Hi there and welcome!

Not sure if they ship to the continent, but over the last couple of years I have used dv247, imuso and dolphin music. All three seem pretty reliable, and reasonable prices.

James

[quote name='rOB' post='393954' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:12 PM']welcome welcome, had a listen to the recordings on the myspace. thought they were pretty cool. Do you ever play live in the UK?[/quote]

hi, thanks for listening and for the compliment!

Unfortunately, we haven't played in the UK yet. But we're always keen on playing somewhere. So if you might know somebody who could help us get some gigs in the UK, we would be very interested...