Why become a member? ×

Marshall MB450H ???? any info?

Wayne Firefly

Im thinking of getting a Marshall MB450H for backup (for my VBA400) and just want to know if anyone has any news, reviews or ideas about how it sounds, how much output/volume is available (is there enough power to roar at gigs?) and lastly but most importantly, RELIABILITY !!!! Im on a budget so this seems the best bet, unlike Ashdown, I need something that isnt going to die after 18 months !!! cheers W.

• 14 years later...
5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I had one and aside from one incident where the valve got a little dislodged (so I used the SS side for that gig) it was a great amp.

Ooo interesting, I really need to find some sound clips to see if it gets close to the clanky goodness of the VBA400. 

A 14 year thread resurrection! Is that a Basschat record?

As it is, I played a gig with one. It was alright, definitely a decent amp. Don't think it would be my first choice of call for a backup amp these days with really small class D amps being a lightweight alternative. 

• Like 1

Hahaha yeah, these things and anyone with any personal experience of the VBA400 is rare so post revival is a must 😂

Yeah thats kind of where I'm at, I was keen on a Baby Sumo but missed two of them on here by a couple of days, you couldn't get much further from a VBA400 though! I was just curious as if it was in a similar ballpark tonally it'd be a good one to chuck in the van just incase if I could find a cheap one.