Why become a member? ×

good evening gents and gentesses

pobolycwm

Hi there
i am a total beginner with any kind of instrument ( unless you count a stylophone). decided on a bass after a few years of realising i dont have the room for a double bass. My main musical interests are jazz from the 1930`s-40`s.
currently looking at starter kits in the right hand variety as the lefty stuff seems more expensive

a quick question is it easier to learn with a right hand guitar if your a lefty and have never picked up a guitar in your life

cheers
pob

Edited by pobolycwm

take this from a lefty musician. Learn right handed while you can.
Best advice you'll hear, trust me on that, it'll take about a week or two of feeling its wrong then it'll be fine and you'll thank yourself further down the line.
Your bank manager probs wont tho ;)

*Edit* if you're absolutely hell bent on getting a left handed bass, try the lefty market thread in my sig, "whynot" is seling a nice started bass for £80 and he's a great guy to deal with
Then again you could probably get a similar quality right handed bass for half the price

Mixed messages or what? :P

Edited by josh3184

[quote name='Yessikris' post='388252' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:50 AM']Croeso i Bass Chat.
Gobeithio byddwch yn mwynhau hwn.
Llawer o sbri a peidiwch a gwario gormod o arian.[/quote]
i might be welsh, with a welsh username but your writing could be in swahi for all i know

thanks for the welcome

[quote name='pobolycwm' post='388256' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:53 AM']i might be welsh, with a welsh username but your writing could be in swahi for all i know

thanks for the welcome[/quote]
Translation costs £5 a word!!!times are hard! ;)

[quote name='pobolycwm' post='388266' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:05 AM']will wait for wifey to come home

blooming disgusting she is english, has only lived in wales for 3 years and is fluent in the language.

i pay her back when the 4 nations is on when her side lose again[/quote]
Give her a nice big hug and she will tell you all!!! ;)