Why become a member? ×

Fender FMT MIA Deluxe & Schecter PJ 80´s

Kubs

Here they are....some bass onany

Schecter can be found here
[url="http://sourgirl.cz/schecter/"]http://sourgirl.cz/schecter/[/url] (sorry its flash gallery so I cant post straight link) Presetly it has original Monstertone Pickups (oh my god Anderson know how to do pickup!!!)

And fender...its looks very depend on light....so sorry for overlighted pictures but it shows real color of body on "natural light"

Edited by Kubs

In fact its very ironic that Fender made Sadowsky copy when Sadowsky makes Fender copy ;)

Unfortunatelly FMT´s were discontinued (fender marketing or R&D has very strange strategy - FMT´s were very appreciated-instead of this they introducing craps like Duff MacKagan Mexico singature which is more expensive that Japan original....), and has no continuer in present production.

It can cover very wide range of sounds, I like high frequency pot, its tuned at 8kHz so it tames highs very carefully and could act like perfetc tone control - it doesnt mess sound with low end, just cut highs (logically) -> then bass sounds near to passive bass.

I also settle fine with this kind of downsized JB body.

In fact this is most unfenderish Fender I ever seen :P

Yes price tag stays till nowdays - although its not available alrealdy, some shops stil list them for such price....insane.

Of course I´d done research before I bought it and found that its considered as one of best Fender next to Custom Shop (some owners of both CS and FMT have very interesting opinions)

Also there are very very wild speculations (like usual are) that it was near to custom shop and compete it.

My opinion on bass is that its exlusive bass but still its "only" Fender ;) Sadowsky lovers will sniff their noses about FMT and would say that its just Fender.....I dont want to hype it - but its mine and I like it, I know that our there are many better active jazz basses but who cares about 3K+ USD basses....i cant justify them just only for second(not saying that I simply dislike such overhyped instruments without any objective critics - I simply dont believe that everything on Laklands or Sads are perfect, it seem to me that people fear to critize them :P and I never forgive to mention that they are mostly outsourced kit basses :) hihi my favorite word needle)....
I know Ive tamed instrument GAS, and have no reason to solve bass question - there is plenty room for GAS in amp question :huh:

Edited by Kubs

[quote name='Buzz' post='387052' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:42 AM']It's missing a scratchplate imo, but that maple top is quite flash. Also lovin' the rosewood and blocks, very 70's.[/quote]

iam not sure if it would be ok to put pickuguard on such "topped" bass....but its just question of subjecitve opinion....

rosewood and blocks yeah thats perfect....i like it very much.....

Iam still tempted with electronics upgrade - but Iam still keeped by fact that I like sound as is - but you know- you are member of web forum and still temped by those "after market high end producers"

I think I will keep it original I like active electronics much and pickups are very nice - bill lawrence know musical and pickups industry.....

As 2-3 years user of web forum I learnt that most of gas is based on "something you dont have and your "virtual" coleague has" :-D :-D Of course I went through few GAS uprades and only minority of them was good step....

[quote name='Kubs' post='387063' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:08 AM']iam not sure if it would be ok to put pickuguard on such "topped" bass[/quote]

I'd put a clear one on, like Bacchus do with some of their bases. It does look amazing as it is though.

[quote name='Rayman' post='387634' date='Jan 21 2009, 04:54 PM']I'd put a clear one on, like Bacchus do with some of their bases. It does look amazing as it is though.[/quote]
yes thats not bad idea....but I am not sure If I would like to dril holes for screws :P or put glue (yes I saw such things...)
I am more curious about Ramp on this bass - I am used on thumbrest and dont feel comfortable to rest my thumb on brigde pickup, and ramp can be hold by pickups screws ;)

Simply I like "non-pickugard basses" without pickguard and "pickguard basses" with pickuguard