Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT: Ernie Ball Flatwound Strings

Recently got a Fender P with pretty much brand new Ernie Ball flatwounds!

Never really been a flat wound player so looking for some nice, new roundwounds that will have a G strings long enough to fit!

Cheers

Jake

Edit:

Will accept £15 delivered for these barely used strings! ;)

Edited by jake_tenfloors

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='385435' date='Jan 19 2009, 09:32 PM']Recently got a Fender P with pretty much brand new Ernie Ball flatwounds!

Never really been a flat wound player so looking for some nice, new roundwounds that will have a G strings long enough to fit!

Cheers

Jake[/quote]

what gauge cause i might be able to help?

(i aint too sure of my gauge strings cause i have a load of sets which i've used for a couple of weeks then changed the whole set...just cause one broke)

quite simply, thick, medium or thin? (with approx size numbers.)

...how simplistic

If you don't find a trade PM me, really nice strings these ( if you like flats :P ) Don't think i can offer a trade as i have a two a side bass, i will have a hunt for a set of hi beams i KNOW i have hiding somewhere ;)

[quote name='ash_sak' post='385539' date='Jan 19 2009, 10:45 PM']what gauge cause i might be able to help?

(i aint too sure of my gauge strings cause i have a load of sets which i've used for a couple of weeks then changed the whole set...just cause one broke)

quite simply, thick, medium or thin? (with approx size numbers.)

...how simplistic[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they're 45 - 100 but not to sure, i'll try to find out!

Cheers

Jake

[quote name='steve-norris' post='385582' date='Jan 19 2009, 11:10 PM']If you don't find a trade PM me, really nice strings these ( if you like flats :P ) Don't think i can offer a trade as i have a two a side bass, i will have a hunt for a set of hi beams i KNOW i have hiding somewhere ;)[/quote]

Will do mate.

Edited by jake_tenfloors

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='385709' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:05 AM']I'm pretty sure they're 45 - 100 but not to sure, i'll try to find out!

Cheers

Jake

Will do mate.[/quote]

coolio.

what gauge strings do you want to trade for.

i have a completely unused set that came straight off a fretless i had made. (i changed them for flatwounds) and they're long enough for a jazz bass neck so should be long enough for you.

They're quite a heavy gauge...probably about 105-110 on the E (that's heavy in my opinion anyway)

Or i have some thinner strings, whatever takes your fancy i will probably have (so long as they're not thicker than 110 on the E

[quote name='ash_sak' post='386483' date='Jan 20 2009, 05:55 PM']coolio.

what gauge strings do you want to trade for.

i have a completely unused set that came straight off a fretless i had made. (i changed them for flatwounds) and they're long enough for a jazz bass neck so should be long enough for you.

They're quite a heavy gauge...probably about 105-110 on the E (that's heavy in my opinion anyway)

Or i have some thinner strings, whatever takes your fancy i will probably have (so long as they're not thicker than 110 on the E[/quote]

Ideally looking for a 100,80,60,40 set ;)

Jake

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='386508' date='Jan 20 2009, 06:21 PM']Ideally looking for a 100,80,60,40 set ;)

Jake[/quote]

i'll have a look tomorrow for what i've got then reply.

I'll have strings of that gauge tis just a case of working out what's what cause i've just ordered it as 'E strings' 'A strings' etc.

hmm...i've just realised there might be a problem with the sizing of some of them.

I'll check what i have then reply, i hope i can find the right length ones now.

[quote name='ash_sak' post='387549' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:26 PM']damn it.

all my strings, though hardly used, have been cut down to suit my bass so they wont fit a fender.
(my headstocks a 2+2 so the D and G wont be long enough for you)

sorry for 'leading you on', i hope someone else can find some to trade.[/quote]

Hi mate,

No worries, i'll keep looking ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi -
Do you still have the Ernie Ball flatwounds up for trade?

I have a new & unused set of D'Addario EPS220 - Super Bright Prosteel Long gauge strings to trade.

I want a set of flatwounds for a Peavey Foundation fretless (which is a 34" scale - styled very much on the Fender Jazz bass) so if yours are for a Precision, they should be OK.

Do you know what gauge the Enie Ball strings are?

:)

[quote name='Stompbox' post='786518' date='Mar 26 2010, 12:20 AM']Hi -
Do you still have the Ernie Ball flatwounds up for trade?

I have a new & unused set of D'Addario EPS220 - Super Bright Prosteel Long gauge strings to trade.

I want a set of flatwounds for a Peavey Foundation fretless (which is a 34" scale - styled very much on the Fender Jazz bass) so if yours are for a Precision, they should be OK.

Do you know what gauge the Enie Ball strings are?

:)[/quote]

Wow old thread bud, your over a year late :rolleyes: