Why become a member? ×

Audere Jazz bass preamp [SOLD]

mr_russ

Hi Guys- I bought this new from the states, whacked it in my '75 reissue jazz for a day and have realised, why do I need an active preamp in it- i get all the sounds I want from a jazz from it with stock passive electronics-

It is however a fantastic preamp, the low Z mode is awesome and the battery light is awesomely handy-
bloody easy to install, no soldering.

[url="http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ3.htm"]INFO HERE[/url]

Mine's the Vol, mid/balance, treble/bass + z-mode switch version.

I'm after £90 [reduced as of 21/08] shipped anywhere in mainland UK
OR
a trade/part exchange for an ampeg/trace tube preamp of some description- or possibly a sansamp (although that mid cut is a pain- i've had 2 in the past)

It comes boxed and was only used for yesterday and this morning- comes with spare bits to crimp the ground wires (metal sheath and shrink tubing)

Russ

russfcox: :at: :gmail: :dot: :com

Edited by mr_russ

[quote name='NickThomas' post='40217' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:28 PM']Hey Russ .. do you have any sound clips ? How does it compare to a J retro?

Cheers,
Nick.[/quote]

Hi- I've taken it out of the bass it was in so can't get you any sound clips I'm afraid- there are some on the website linked in my first post though-

I've not played a bass with a j-retro- the audere is pretty much transparent though, set flat the mid z mode is fairly similar to the passive tone.

low z mode is earth shaking- the eq is very very usable

[quote name='mr_russ' post='40393' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:43 AM']Hi- I've taken it out of the bass it was in so can't get you any sound clips I'm afraid- there are some on the website linked in my first post though-

I've not played a bass with a j-retro- the audere is pretty much transparent though, set flat the mid z mode is fairly similar to the passive tone.

low z mode is earth shaking- the eq is very very usable[/quote]

Sorry to hijack,but a quick question. Did you pay using your paypal account or credit card through paypal? I ask, because I could get a Deluxe preamp for a great price, but I've heard horror stories about the paypal exchange rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just chip in and say this is a v. good price for what is essentially a new piece of kit. I paid £135 to get my JZ3D (deluxe) into the country and the JZ3 only lists at $10 less in the first place.

It's also a rather spiffing sounding preamp.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='46969' date='Aug 17 2007, 08:38 PM']Can I just chip in and say this is a v. good price for what is essentially a new piece of kit. I paid £135 to get my JZ3D (deluxe) into the country and the JZ3 only lists at $10 less in the first place.

It's also a rather spiffing sounding preamp.[/quote]

Indeedy- It's a great preamp but my jazz just sounds right passive, it's a bit overkill having this installed only to use the bass boost a tad ;D

• 2 weeks later...