Why become a member? ×

NPD: Darkglass content

Merton

Took the missus to Andertons today (I know how to show ladies a good time you see), fully expecting to walk away with the Tech 21 DP-3X dUg Pinnick signature pedal.

45 minutes after getting there, 6 pedals and a bored wife later, I walked out with the wonderful Darkglass Vintage Ultra pedal.

Didn’t get on with what dUg pedal at all, it reminded me of my SansAmp Bass Driver but I couldn’t get a tone from it that either I or the boss liked. Tried various other toys and narrowed down to the Vintage Microtubes and Vintage Ultra. The Ultra won because of its added versatility with the various switches and active EQ, plus the ability to run clean or distorted.

All the videos online show Darkglass to be great for metal (ha!) but this has so much more to offer, I’m really excited about getting to grips with it this week and I think it’ll be a great addition to/replacement for to the SansAmp.

CBA38B44-35F2-4AC9-8889-BDB06FFFBDFA.jpeg

Edited by Merton
  • Like 2

Yeah I think if I’d had the patience and time the DP-3X could have come good but the fact that the Vintage Ultra just sounded great almost immediately really sold it for me. Having spent an evening with it at home with headphones I’m sure I made the right choice for me :)

• Like 1