Left leaderboard
Soledad

SOLD: GK Neo 410 cab (4 Ohm) with Roqsolid cover
£450
Sevenoaks, Kent

Bought about a year ago, gigged about 6 times when I had a loud drummer to deal with. Haven't used it for a while (switched to a small GB cab) so it needs to go.

Dimensions (inches): 18.5 (D) x 23.5(W) x 26.5 (H)
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Weight: 29 Kg
Power: 800W (GK site says 1000; input plate says 800). 
Drivers: 4 x 10" GK Neos, plus HF with dial attenuation on input plate
4 x factory fitted castors (the tough kind that don't bend) 

Condition is near new (see pics). All drivers really as new, never driven close to hard (it's a very loud cab as the drummer discovered). Roqsolid cover also very good condition, just been in and out of a car a few times. 

I do honestly rate this cab very highly - I've used 410s for years as the cab of choice and never heard a better one. It's ported so there is an abundance of bottom-end available, the mids are really clear and forward, and I turn the horn down to about 1/4 as it has a crazy amount of top if required. I ran it with a GB 900 and always backed bass off a bit, and low mids up a little. Never got the amp past tickover.

There's bi-amp input option. If you happen to see a thread about this cab on TB (less than complimentary) I and several others do not know what the guy was doing but may have had the cab switched bi-amp by mistake. With a decent head and set full-range, this cab sounds just the way a really good neo 410 should. I'll miss it, but I can't keep everything (apparently).

Don't want to attempt to ship this, sorry.
TRADES: I really should sell this but may possibly be tempted by a high-end small cab. I'm thinking 210 or similar, Vanderkley, Bergantino, why. Also wondering about a PJB 47 or similar. But wifey says cash, just so we're all clear about this.

gk1.jpg

gk2.jpg

gk3.jpg

gk4.jpg

gk5.jpg

gk6.jpg

gk7.jpg

gk8.jpg

Edited by Soledad
sold subject to collection & payment

No interest? Andertons have this listed at £970 or so, and the cover over £50-odd - so it's under half price, and negotiable of course.

Dropped to £400. This cost the first owner close to a grand, cost me 650, and I chose it over several alternatives, cos it really does sound amazing. Just over-the-top for my needs now. 
Still up for trades with cash adjust as necessary: high end 210, maybe a PJB47 or similar, poss a 112... think posh cabs, won't go far wrong :)

2 hours ago, livingbasshead said:

Would you take an Ampeg PF-210HE plus cash?

Sorry, not what I am looking for. Vanderkley, poss Bergantino, BF or  similar. Maybe a pjb47 or 45

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Ok, so here's one for all you bc'ers that think you're better than the “regular" fretted bass player... 
      (I've got news for you... You ain't!!! 
      Well, maybe you are but your slap tone stinks and leaves much to be desired!!!...)

However, in this insane “PC-World" (no affiliation to the “Curry's" franchise)
      I would not want to rule out any fretted players especially with myself (the incompetent musician I am) falling into said category.
      So here's a beast of Signature Custom Bass that will blow the proverbial socks off of ANY bass player's hooves... and may even encourage the fretted player to ACTUALLY learn where the notes are on a bass neck without the support of those “oh so convenient" vertical metal strips that they hammer into fingerboards so that bass players can have “one too many" down at the local and still produce a “passable" performance to the eight members of the audience (but mainly to the three who are actually listening).

What we have here, I think, is a Gibson Les Paul model... NAH!! I'm just messing...
      It's a Tony Franklin Signature Custom Model Fretless Precision Bass with passive circuitry, ebony fretboard, three way selection switch, Hipshot tuner, a Tony Franklin Single-Coil Jazz Pickup with Hex Screw Pole Pieces and a Tony Franklin American Split Single-Coil Precision Bass mid pickup.
      As our good friend Sir David of Dickinson would say...
      “This IS the REAL deal!"
      B-E-autiful ebony fingerboard with none of that namby-pamby fret marking business!! 
      “... Err... which note is this..." 
      “Doesn't matter!!! You look BOSS!!"
      You got Tony's signature pickups there, ya know, both of them!!...
      The Jazz pickup is extra special and was coated with unicorn dust before being blessed by a Goddess and then lovingly placed into this gorgeous Nitrocellulose finished Fender P Bass body... “Mmmm, Nitrocelluliscious..." It's also got those fancy Hex Screw Pole Pieces and Ceramic Bar Magnets... You know the ones... 
      The middle pickup is also rather special as it's a Tony Franklin American Split Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup which, rumour has it, Tony Franklin invented whilst showing Jimmy Page how to de-fret his guitar and shred an axe like a real man!!! Apparently Jimmy playing fretless guitar never caught on but at least it birthed the amazing Tony Franklin American Split Single-Coil Precision pickup that is housed in this marvelous instrument today! 
      (Or so I've been told by a mate of Jimmy's... at the pub).
      For hardware you got an American Vintage Bass Bridge with Steel Barrel Saddles and Fender '70s Vintage-Style Open-Gear with Hipshot Bass Xtender "Drop D" on the E... and no that last part ain't rap lyrics.
      The neck width is 1.625" at the nut which is synthetic bone (not sure what creature they source that from). You got a 34" modern “C" shaped maple Fender neck, of course with the gorgeous ebony board. None of that fret marker nonsense though you do have side marking dots... Obviously it's a fretless but I reckon you got the equivalent to 22 frets... or is it 21?... I dunno but the length of the board will translate to that of a number of frets that you might find on another instrument that might have frets...
      Passive circuitry so there's no need to worry about a battery leaking when it's been stored in your temperature and humidity controlled cupboard for fifteen years cos you ain't got the skills to play it... 
      Basically this instrument is the Bee's knees after the Bee has had knee surgery and can now kick a bowling ball over the River Thames and into the window of 10 Downing Street, smashing the plastic cereal bowl that Boris Johnson is slurping his Wheetos from and incidentally covering the ludicrous man in softening cereal and chocolate flavoured milk...*(continued below)
      This IS a serious player's bass! Everything from it's high spec hardware down to it's Custom electronics and premium choice woods, Fender and Mr Franklin have teamed up to produce a real road warrior that has a build quality and sturdiness that you know was designed to outlast the A.I. war of 2027.
      Oh and check this quote out from Fender -
      “In an extra-personalized touch, the neck plate of the Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass is engraved with his signature."
      If that doesn't improve the sound and overall quality of the instrument and more importantly improve your bass playing tenfold then I don't know what would.
      I heard that Tony Franklin personally high-fived the guitar tech each time one of his Signature Fender P models was completed. Apparently Tony was between tour dates during this period and spent an unhealthy amount of time at the Fender Factory, much to the concern of many staff members... 
      In case you're wondering who the fudge Tony Franklin is... He's a session bassist dubbed “The Fretless Monster" because he lives in a Bayou in Louisiana, has no skeleton, five tentacles and 58 eyes. He mainly lives on a diet of swamp snake but will occasionally snack on other reptiles including turtles and small alligators. Despite his appearance and peculiar diet he has worked with many great musicians such as David Gilmore, Jimmy Page, Kenny Shepherd and even Whitesnake, though he did try to eat them once... 
      Basically he's good enough for a Fender Custom model and a bunch of great musicians allow him to perform on their tracks, so there ya have it... THIS BASS MUST BE AWESOME!!!
      The Bass is in MINT condition from New and really has only been used to motivate the partner to say “another bass guitar that you don't play..." 

Comes with a rather well crafted deluxe Fender locking hardcase that really does look la-di-da.
      Collection and trial always welcome down in bumpkin town!! Can arrange insured courier or meet part way etc...

*(Continued from 7 paragraphs up)  
      Contrary to what you might think, Boris actually congratulates the Bee on it's incredibly powerful and amazingly accurate left foot (yep, wasn't even it's right foot) and offers the Bee a job as his ghost writer for speeches, however the Bee politely declines and they part ways.
      The next morning Boris is back at number 10, again, eating his Wheetos only this time from a rather haphazardly taped together, broken plastic bowl. He's thinking to himself how amazing that Bee's kick was and how great it's speeches may have been if only it had accepted his offer to be his ghost writer, at that very moment Boris hears a smashing of glass and swooshing of air. A bowling ball comes crashing through the recently replaced window of number 10 and lands directly on top of Boris's already damaged plastic cereal bowl, this time damaging the bowl beyond any means of repair. 
      Boris slowly gets up from his booster chair, wipes some of the milk from his suit jacket and picks off a piece of softening cereal from his left cheek. He walks over to the broken window and leans on it's frame, looking outward through the shattered glass toward the rising sun across the cityscape and over into the endless and unseen horizon. 
      “What speeches that Bee might have written..." He says softly as a small, joyful yet melancholy smile begins to take shape across his face. 
      “C'est la vie", he thinks to himself, “c'est la vie...".

Anyway check out the pics below...

# Air-horn noise!!!

• By HarryWS
      Regrettably selling my Darkglass bass stack.
      The head is the gen 1 Microtubes 900 - in overall good condition with the intelligent footswitch and in its original box. 900w RMS means headroom and volume for days, the tones you get out of it truly are beautiful. The microtubes engine too is the best bass overdrive I’ve ever heard.
      The cab is the DG410C, there are some nicks in the tolex but it’s in otherwise perfect condition. 1000w rated so it can go up to 11 but she’s got some gravity to her. Still, you can lift it on your own - you just wouldn’t want to for very long! Again, it sounds really nice.
      I paid £2,250 for this amp new you could save £1k and pick this one up! 

14.11.19 update - my car is buggered and I need the cash so no trades. It also means I can’t deliver any more unfortunately.
      Any questions, fire away!

• By cetera
      Thanks to my new GK endorsement I've just received one of the first GK Legacy800's to hit the UK! Can't wait to give this amp a good workout thru my 2x12. It sounded great when I demo'd it a few weeks back.... 😉
      Also picked up an SKB 12x12 soft case to carry it in 🙂

• By andybassdoyle
      For sale, my Helix LT. Awesome machine, sounds are great and the routing/control options are fantastic.
      Will add some pics shortly but condition is excellent, just the usual minor marks and a bit of dust from use. Has been gigged but lives on a board in a mono case so well looked after.
      Boxed with power cable. I'm in Norwich but happy to ship, I'm guessing around £20 in the UK, further afield is ok but I've no idea on pricing.
      Firmware is 2.8 - I believe they have just released 2.81 but I've not got into that yet....
    • By simonroberts788
      Nicknamed The Planet Destroyer, this dreamy cab produces an extremely pleasing warm and thick tone. It's a sealed, infinite baffle cabinet with no ports, like the Ampeg fridges, which means you're just getting the pure sound of the speakers with no flappy woof. Moving it around is actually fine - you just tip it back and wheel it around - I replaced the casters with equivalent heavy duty types as the originals were shot. It's easy to get into the car too - just wheel it up to the tailgate, tip it up and slide it in. You'll need a bandmate to help you get it up the back stairs of the venue, but that would still be the case with a 4x10 and this obviously sounds twice as big!! Having speakers up at chest height is just great for monitoring too. There's something magical about the feeling of it behind you - it doesn't need to be that loud, it just moves so much air. Fall in love with the bass again!! All original speakers, GK bi-amp feature, horn attenuator. This cab is literally indestructible. Only selling as i've just got a GK Neo 412 as I fancied a change. The 8x10 is warmer and thicker but the 4x12 is just a bit smaller and lighter.
      I'd prefer collection from St Agnes in Cornwall but if you can arrange shipping then go for it. Shiply can be very reasonable for stuff like this. When I bought it the shipping was £50. You can even come and try it with your head at my rehearsal space.