Why become a member? ×

pickup problems

Ant

today at practice i noticed my jazz was sounding closer to the precision sound so i had a fiddle with the knobs, the bridge pickup was really really quiet when soloed whilst it used to be the same volume as the neck pickup.

aout 3 hours into the practice the bridge pickup was back to normal.

loose connection? only im recording on saturday and dont have time and/or money to take it in anywhere!!

[quote name='Ant' post='378401' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:48 PM']today at practice i noticed my jazz was sounding closer to the precision sound so i had a fiddle with the knobs, the bridge pickup was really really quiet when soloed whilst it used to be the same volume as the neck pickup.

loose connection? only im recording on saturday and dont have time and/or money to take it in anywhere!![/quote]
Hi Ant
Is it active or passive?
If you want you can bring it round, and I will check it out for you! Im in Leeds 15.

Will.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ant' post='378401' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:48 PM']today at practice i noticed my jazz was sounding closer to the precision sound so i had a fiddle with the knobs, the bridge pickup was really really quiet when soloed whilst it used to be the same volume as the neck pickup.

loose connection? only im recording on saturday and dont have time and/or money to take it in anywhere!![/quote]

is it passive and do you use the tone control

when the jazz is used with both pups and one of the vols slightly down in vol with tone as well
the tone acts as a volume reducing pot as well
i got over this by using a pan pot and wiring the tone direct off the live pin on the pan pot

if it happens again check if your volumes are full on...i cant explain it electronically but witnessed it on my own jazz pup set up

the best way to wire two pups with individual vols is individual tones..just like rickenbacker

Edited by mrcrow