Why become a member? ×

Vox Bassmaster Anyone?

Spoombung

Anyone played one of these?:

The neck is almost like a broom handle it's so thin and round. It really is gorgeous to play (especially with a pic) - but the the bridge is ropey and the strings are also narrow at the bridge as well as the nut. I wish [i]at least one[/i] of the big guitar companies would make a narrow necked bass like this again.

Get this: Wunjo and Andy's both have one for £450! ;) Oh, Jesus, I still expect to pick these basses up for £25 in a junk shop.....

If I remember rightly, the first electric bass I ever tried, in a music shop along the Camden Road in Tunbridge Wells when I were nobbut a lad, was a brand new Bassmaster... must have had a powerful subliminal effect ;)

Edited by PVTele

Yeah, I got one.

In my opinion they are not great. There is no truss rod (so you need light strings) - the tuning keys are not great either. The input jack is a coaxial cable too (unless someone has changed it - they had on mine).

An immaculate one may be of interest to a collector, but that is about it. If you want one as a player, i'd get a battered one on ebay and replace the bridge and tuners.