Hotone Nano Thunder Bass / Valeton TAR-20B

Which one is better?  

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which one is better?

• Hotone Nano Thunder Bass
    • Valeton TAR-20B
    • Both suck
    • Both great

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/19 at 21:00

Hi everbody!

Has anyone heard of these two mini amp heads?  Are they any good?  I'm thinking of buying one but wanted to get some opinions first.  Bit of background - I play a fretted and a fretless 5 string, mainly in my tiny spare room so the smaller the better.  The portability of these things is a plus so I can take it room to room easily and plug in some headphones if I need to.

Cheers!

MDG  

I hear good things about the Hotone. I haven't tried one myself, but I recently got my hands on one of their B Station preamp + DI pedals, and I've been rather impressed by that. The headphone socket was a massive plus for me too! Haven't tried it in a rehearsal or live setting, but for home practise and recording it's been very useful.

I have the Hotone thunder bass , somewhere .... >.<  moving is a bi***  but i remember it actually sounding very reasonable  a little SVT ,  if a little hissy into my old trace elliot 15 inch cab  could have easily been bad connections or power ... for the hiss , for headphone practice  pretty perfect ...  but wouldnt you just be better off using a laptop , some IR responses and a cheap interface.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By attackbass
      Complete Warwick Hellborg Bass Amp Rig consisting of the Warwick Hellborg Preamp, Mono 500 watt Power Amp, 1x15 Club Cab & 1x15 Lo Cab with Hellborg dust covers and removable castors.

Whole rig is in very good, clean condition and full working order. Looking to sell it now as a complete rig if possible. Recently became an EBS artist so, just too many amps and need the space!

Some owners split this rig up and sell it off as separate pieces but to really get the full Hellborg tonal experience you really need the power amp, preamp and at least one cab working together. It's been designed to work as a complete system. I have used the preamp with other power amps and the pre/power amp with different cabs and whilst it sounds great it's not as clear, warm and responsive to your playing as the whole rig. It really is an incredible piece of equipment.

Warwick Hellborg Preamp: All lights and switches working. Incredible, clear and warm sounding EQ and very detailed, pristine selectable post/pre EQ DI out. Also features an effects loop with wet/control and a tuner out.

The little metal surround on the power switch is missing, but not hugely noticeable and does not affect the functionality of the unit.

Warwick Hellborg Mono 500 500 watt poweramp: All lights and switches working. This unit is in very good condition and full working order, one very slight mark the left of the front vents that is only noticeable when the light catches it, again hardly noticeable.

The Power amp has switchable output impedances of 2 ohms, 4 ohms and 8 ohms. Jack and Speakon Speaker outputs. 

Club Cab 1x15 8ohm Speaker Cab: in excellent condition and full working order. This cab is full range and unlike usual 1x15 cabs. It's very tight, open and punchy. Includes Hellborg dustcover that has a little bit of wear and removable castors.

Lo Cab 1x15 8ohm speaker Cab: in excellent condition, this has only be used in the house on just a few occasions and is in the same condition as it was when it came out of the box. This is more like your traditional 1x15 bass cab but still very nice and warm sounding. Combined with the Club Cab the sound is incredible as they're designed to work together. Includes Hellborg dustcover and removable castors.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

The rig will need to be Collected from Cardiff, South Wales. Delivery is not possible.

£1300 ONO

• By aspira
      My EBS has been such a trusty workhorse for many years. It's in immaculate condition and sounds great.
      Gone for some lighter gear. Buyer to collect please.
      The cab sits on lockable castors.

If you're reading this you will already know how top notch EBS gear is. 
      It's a very loud rig - I've never had it more than 50% for the biggest gigs playing pop and rock.
      It's got everything you would want from a high end combo;
      Compressor, Phantom Power, Effects Loop, XLR Pre/Post, Adjustable Tweeter, Bi-Amp & Crossover, Aux in/out & Headphone Jack.
      EBS's brilliant EQ + Bass Treble and Bright.
      350 W RMS
      Height 61cm/24"  X  Width 58cm/23"  Depth 35cm/14"
      Weight 33Kg/73 lbs
      Based up in North London

• By Havard Tanner
      Hello bass friends,
      I ordered a new bass amp on the 18th of September, however when my package arrived with DPD on the 24th it was empty, someone had opened the box in transit, stolen the amp, and re taped the box. 
      this was a GSS 06B400 from Guitar Sound Systems, it was shipped with Colissimo from France  and then with DPD to the UK. This is a small brand and not many of these amps are out there. if anyone see one coming up for sale, please let me know.
      serial number: B0100094E1411SP1407B1409P1409
      Thanks.

• By silverfoxnik
      Yamaha BBT 500 Class D, lightweight, bass amp - Now SOLD. 
      I'm looking for £SOLD plus p&p (or very near offer).
      This is a really nice compact bass amp head made by Yamaha in the early noughties that is absolutely packed with really useful features.
      I've had it for a few years now and it's been great for rehearsals, small gigs and I've even used it as a very easy small and light spare amp at bigger gigs when I take out my Ampeg rig.
      Like much of Yamaha musical equipment, it's well designed, innovative and easy to use, for example ;
      The compressor on this thing is really, really good, the changeable centre frequencies of the eq are really handy, as are the 5 memory switches to save your sound! And there's a host of other cool features too (see below), including the fact that it will run at 2 ohms quite safely.
      Here's what Yamaha have to say about the BBT500 :
      "The Yamaha BBT 500H bass amp delivers five hundred punchy class-D watts, yet it weighs only ten and a half anti-gravity pounds.
      Select from eleven of your favorite bass amp sounds, dial up the programmable parametric EQ and compressor, and store your favorite combinations to five front panel presets. Add to that a noise gate, parallel effects loop, Speaker simulator, MIDI capability, variable crossover, headphone and tuner outs, and more, and you've got one heavy package – figuratively speaking."
      And here's a link to the manual:
      https://www.manualslib.com/manual/341040/Yamaha-Bbt500h.html
      As can be seen in the photos, I've got a pair of 1 x 12" JBL cabs with Eminence drivers in them that match really well with this amp and whilst they're not the most aesthetically pleasing bass cabs out there, they combine nicely with the BBT500 to make a very lightweight and modular rig for rehearsals and small gigs..
      As I really need to clear some space at home, I would be happy to do a really good deal for the amp and cabs together if anyone's interested - £140 all in.. Just a thought.
      I'm based in Littlehampton, West Sussex and am happy for anyone who's interested to come and try out the amp and cabs - please send me a PM to arrange.
      Equally, I am happy to send by insured courier at buyers expense if that's the only way to get a deal done!
      Any questions, please ask here or message me..
      Thanks for looking as ever. 😊
      Nik
      P. S. And here's the full Yamah spec below:
      Power Amplifier Section Class-D power amplifier circuitry, Output 500W/2Ω
      Preamplifier Section All digital signal processing, Sound Type: 11 Types
      5-Band Semi Parametric Tone Controls (Variable Frequencies)
      Parametric Equalizer (F,G,Q)
      Effect Section
      Compressor
      Output Limiter
      Noise Gate
      Crossover
      Speaker Simulator
      RATIO, THRSLD, ATTACK, RELEASE, C. GAIN, KNEE
      ON/OFF
      N. GATE
      Filter LPF/HPF, Cutoff Frequency
      ON/LINE/OFF
      Effect Logo Monaural Send/Return, Level Switch (-20dB/+4dB), Effect Blend Control
      User Memory 5 User Memory
      Connections INPUT, SPEAKER 1/2, LINE OUT (BALANCED/UNBALANCED), FX LOOP (SEND/RETURN), TUNER OUT, MIDI IN/OUT, PHONES
      A/D Conversion 24 bit
      D/A Conversion 24 bit
      Sampling Frequency 48kHz
      Input Level/Impedance INPUT: -37dBm (thru) / 1MΩ
      FX LOOP RETURN: -20dBm/220kΩ, +4dBm/220kΩ
      Output Level/Impedance SPEAKER: 500W RMS/2Ω, 250W RMS/4Ω
      LINE OUT (UNBALANCED OUT): +4DbM/10KΩ
      LINE OUT (BALANCED OUT): +4DbM/600Ω
      FX LOOP SEND: -20 dbM/100KΩ, +4DbM/100KΩ
      Power Requirements/
      Power Consumption U.S. and Canadian models: 120V, 60Hz/130W
      General model: 230V, 50-60Hz/130W
      Dimensions (WxHxD) 14-7/8" x 3-7-16" x 10-7/16" (378 x 88 x 265mm

• By Mister RLP
      Blackstar Fly 3 Bass Mini Amp - as new. Came as part of a subscription for BGM and not needed. Tried it to make sure it was working. Comes with the original packaging. 
      Retails between £59-69. 
      More info at:
      https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/products/fly-3-bass
      Price includes UK delivery.