Why become a member? ×

Gig bag for EBS Fafner

GreeneKing

You could get a Gator rack bag or something similar. Personally I would just get a rack case. 

The Fafner is a bit of a lump of an amp and not something I would want to carry about in a padded ‘over the shoulder’ bag for long distances. If you do buy a bag make sure to take the amp out while playing. The fan on the Fafner is positioned at the side and needs some space to work in order to operate effectively. 

For the record I have owned a Fafner since 2009. I did lug it around in an old Hi-Tec sports bag for a year before I bought a rack case, so you could try something similar if you are really on a budget.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thodrik said:

You could get a Gator rack bag or something similar. Personally I would just get a rack case. 

The Fafner is a bit of a lump of an amp and not something I would want to carry about in a padded ‘over the shoulder’ bag for long distances. If you do buy a bag make sure to take the amp out while playing. The fan on the Fafner is positioned at the side and needs some space to work in order to operate effectively. 

For the record I have owned a Fafner since 2009. I did lug it around in an old Hi-Tec sports bag for a year before I bought a rack case, so you could try something similar if you are really on a budget.

Thank you. Wise advice about rack mounting and I've considered this. I've read that a 4U case is best for cooling. Not having a rack kit is stopping me going in that direction. Do you know where I can buy one? 

Peter

35 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

Thank you. Wise advice about rack mounting and I've considered this. I've read that a 4U case is best for cooling. Not having a rack kit is stopping me going in that direction. Do you know where I can buy one? 

Peter

I would suggest emailing EBS direct. I've found them very helpful in the past - the decal on my TD660 peeled off, and they sent me a new one free of charge. I expect you might have to pay for rack kit, but at least you can be sure you'll get the right one. Here's a link to the contact form on their website: https://ebssweden.com/content2/contact-ebs/

• Like 1

You could buy an EBS rack case from an EBS dealers. It cost me about £150 back in 2010 so will probably cost more now. You will probably have to wait as well given that few dealers will have them in stock.

A Gator rack case would probably cost less and weigh less. The racking accessories should come with the case.

• Like 1