Why become a member? ×

NAD - PJB 12B + 6T + Markbass Multiamp

binky_bass

Afternoon,

After again another year of chopping and changing gear, I am now settled on (for now!) this rig! It's a PJB 12B with a 6T on top (18 speakers in total!!) being run by a Markbass Multiamp Mono with midi pedal board. 

The cabs are 1200w combined, the head runs at 600w at 4 ohms so the amp can be run at the maximum without fear of speaker damage. 

The whole rig sounds about as good as any rig I've ever played, and yes this is HUGELY subjective, but for me, this rig is perfect. I play 6+ string basses and do a fair amount of tap so the high fidelity of this rig and the crisp, clean punchiness it provides is almost tailor made for me. Couple that with the Markbass Multiamp and pedal board, you have a vast array of effects and tonal possibilities at your finger/toe-tips.

For practice, the mono and the 6T are perfect, for loudness and projection, the 12B and the mono do the trick, and for ear-bleeding, house-shattering volume, all three together! 

All in, very happy with this set up. It's flexible and sounds horrendously good! 

20191013_144817.thumb.jpg.27f87d5475e389d576221920aae23d4d.jpg

• Like 4