Why become a member? ×

1979 Peavey T-40 On Hold

Geddys nose

Made in the USA in '79 for the age I would say 'good'condition with a little bit of buckle rash and a few minor dings (Mojo would be the word) The case looks near mint and is the original case (Real good quality and looks great inside)T40's have a great pickup switching system and you can get so many tones out of this it rivals a active bass for different permutations..Not looking for any trades and I would be willing to drive up to 60miles from Preston for free if required. Cheers Si

[attachment=18350:P1070257.JPG]
[attachment=18352:P1070256.JPG]
[attachment=18351:P1070264.JPG]
[attachment=18353:P1070268.JPG]
[attachment=18355:P1070262.JPG]
[attachment=18354:P1070267.JPG]

Edited by Geddys nose

this is giving me a real headache! i came very close to buying a black/rosewood one a while ago, and this has come at just the right time really, but then again that ovation magnum dangerboy is selling is also very, very tempting, hmmmm!

I just got one recently, it's a very, very nice bass.
Underrated, really. It should cost much more (it was made, after all, with the Fender/Gibson range in mind).
Built like a tank, and with a very peculiar tone. I don't really like the two pickups mixed, but on their own, they're fabulous. Especially the neck pickup, deep and "growly" (not the Warwick kind of growl, of course, more of a "neck growl" :) ).
Unfortunately (or maybe, luckily for the buyers :huh: ), since it is very peculiar in its tone, it never appealed that much back in the days, when Fenders were the standard (and Gibson had a pedigree).
But it's a superb instrument nonetheless, I love mine ;) Pity it has always been an overlooked bass :P