Why become a member? ×

drummer here...

drumbloke

[quote name='drumbloke' post='373334' date='Jan 7 2009, 06:30 PM']Hello! Drummer here, thought i would do a bit of spying on the bass fraternity. :huh:[/quote]

A recent conversation between a band I know, whilst discussing trying out new drummers.

"What should we ask them"

"Hmmm....have they got any court dates coming up!"

:) Couldn't stop laughing!

Soooo....there's only one reason for a drummer to come snooping here and that's because the dark side of the low notes is calling your name :-)

[quote name='AM1' post='373749' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:10 AM']A recent conversation between a band I know, whilst discussing trying out new drummers.

"What should we ask them"

"Hmmm....have they got any court dates coming up!"

:) Couldn't stop laughing!

Soooo....there's only one reason for a drummer to come snooping here and that's because the dark side of the low notes is calling your name :-)[/quote]

Far from it actually. Have never strayed away from my rhythmical roots. Always been a drummist.
Just snoopin, seein what the vibe in 4 (5, 8) string land is like.
Actually me mate put me onto it, I was interested in the thread declaring disgust to the Moondance bass line. Also a bit of 'networking', you never know...

[quote name='Delberthot' post='373915' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:54 AM']There's only 3 kinds of drummers - the ones that can count and the ones who can't.

I have to admit to being a big drumming fan. I think I have more favourite drummers than bass players.

I suppose its natural as we are generally the 2 closest musicians in a band[/quote]

Absolute :)