Why become a member? ×

Leads

Tlbasss

Slightly off topic, I swapped over my amp to cab lead this week as the LMII has gone for repair and got a Hartke LH5000 with jack outputs. Used my spare jack to Speakon and somehow pulled both leads out the Speakon. It turns out neither were screwed in and were just held by the cord grip thingy. Good job I found out before the gig tomorrow!

[quote name='rayfw' post='382253' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:20 PM']Ah, right. I'll give that a try.
How about taking them out? I can't seem to do it without it making an awful ptpthh noise through my amp with my active basses.[/quote]

I've never had any problem taking a straight one out from any bass in one movement. Yours isn't one of the right angle ones is it?
Also, is yours one of the latest generation Neutrik ones (maroon coloured)? If not then I can't comment as I've only used those.

Clive

+1 for OBBM

-1 for the only muting right-angled jack plug I ever tried, Planet Waves. A great idea in theory but just something else to worry about in a real-life situation. Maybe OBBM's source is better than the Planet Waves plugs? Personally - I'd keep it simple!