Why become a member? ×

Renting Basses

Scorchin

Looking to rent a decent quality bass for around 2/3 weeks early February. What kind of price range am I looking at for:
[list]
[*]Fender P-Bass
[*]Musicman StingRay
[/list]
I'm in Nottingham, but recording will be in Edinburgh, can pick-up at either location or can commute to collect. Would it be better to just buy and then sell immediately after?

[quote name='Scorchin' post='371276' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:19 PM']Looking to rent a decent quality bass for around 2/3 weeks early February. What kind of price range am I looking at for:
[list]
[*]Fender P-Bass
[*]Musicman StingRay
[/list]
I'm in Nottingham, but recording will be in Edinburgh, can pick-up at either location or can commute to collect. Would it be better to just buy and then sell immediately after?[/quote]

Have you asked the studio you're going to if they have a bass there that you can use???
The majority of good studios will have their own 'house' instruments & back line - which for basses is bound to be a nice Fender Precision & or Jazz - & very often they'll be used to recording with that particular bass & should be able to get you a good sound very easily...

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='371284' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:30 PM']What kind of security are you anticipating having to offer anyone?[/quote]

Not really asking a member per se, just wanted to know about possible ideas in terms of cost. Doubt I would be able to get sufficient cover should anything happen. Also don't trust myself with other peoples basses which may be precious to them. After all, I doubt I'd do it!

[quote name='99ster' post='371285' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:31 PM']Have you asked the studio you're going to if they have a bass there that you can use??[/quote]

I checked out their site, which is a myspace. Sadly they don't seem to have any basses listed. Will send an e-mail through now to find out.

@silky13 Chamber Studios

Crisis averted, turns out they have a 1975 P-Bass. Should probably have left that out since Beedster will be straight up there buying it! :)

@NickThomas I have a squire p-bass, which I have used to record with previously, but is now knackered and has grounding issues.

Edited by Scorchin

ah right cool its sorted! :) I would've lent you my Jackson KBX, but it would sound guff recorded im sure... my p-bass is too precious... dont let anyone play it, no i lie i let the gf hold it for a minute but she said it was too heavy! :huh:

oh and forgot to mention, give me a shout when you're in edin and maybe we could go for a pint or something!

Edited by silky13

Band is called Ghost Cassette, obligatory myspace: [url="http://www.myspace.com/ghostcassette"]http://www.myspace.com/ghostcassette[/url]

However, only 2 of the tracks there are good examples of our change in sound. Don't think we're playing while in Edinburgh, but you never know!