Why become a member? ×

Which JAZZ would you buy??

OutToPlayJazz

I can't recommend the USA Standards with S1 enough, mine is fantastic and a lot of people seem to be loving them at the moment! You can pick them up second hand for under £600 easily!!!

Strangely i've never tried a Lakland but look forward to giving OBBM's a go at the SouthEast BassBash

Cool
Si

p.s.
and yeah, warwickhunt's Re-Issue is particually sexy!!

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='38796' date='Jul 30 2007, 09:56 AM']So this doesn't float your boat?

The ashtray/covers etc are just resting on the bass to show how they'd look!
[/quote]
/me drools allover the keyboard... :)

IMHO, thats as hot as it gets. excellent taste mate :huh:

I have owned the following jazz basses:

MIM Standard Jazz V
MIM Deluxe Active Jazz
Geddy Lee
MIA Deluxe Jazz V
MIA Deluxe QMT
MIA '75 RI Jazz (maple, black blocks)
MIA Ltd. Ed. '75 RI (rosewood, pearly blocks)
Lakland Skyline JO5
Lakland Skyline JO4

I still own these:

Lakland Skyline DJ5 (maple, active)
Lakland Skyline DJ5 (rosewood, passive)

Of the ones I owned, I'd only have back the Fender QMT (because it looked gogeous) and the Lakland JO5 and JO4. I can't ever see me getting another Fender unless it's a vintage one and then it would be most likely for investment as much as anything else.

If you can manage to hold on, save up the extra couple of hundred quid and buy a second hand Lakland while keeping my eyes peeled on eBay as they sometimes slip through the net there and go for a bargain.

In fact, I'd go for a Lakland 44-01 ahead of most Fenders. If you can't wait, go for the Geddy Lee because it will be easier to sell on once you've had your fill however, if you really like it but fancy upgrading the electronics, a J-Retro will drop right in without fuss.

Lfalex, yes I did have the VMJ, but I traded it (and my Status Groove) for the amazing Warwick $$ :) I also sold my MIM Jazz V to a pupil at around the same time. But I do still have the jazz bug, so I'm thinking a Geddy's on it's way from Thomann this week.

I also looked at the importers & the only one I liked the look of was the 75 reissue natural ash with the badass II for £799. With the Geddy I can have all that & a J-retro as well for the same money! Seems to make sense to me, anyway :huh:

Interesting to see so many Lakland endorsees here as well. I've never played one, but have always liked the look of them.

Here goes.............

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='39350' date='Jul 31 2007, 08:19 AM']Well, I ordered the Geddy Lee from the Germans (Thomann) this morning. Seemed a very good price at £588 and in stock as well. We'll see how fast it gets here! Hope I did the right thing...![/quote]

Well done OTPJ. I'm sure you won't regret it. Keep us updated with some pics when you get it. I personally think they are really nice looking basses.