Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Decent studio in Leicester

Andyalfa

I just did a search for Leicester in this forum, but it found no results.

I can't believe there aren't any decent studios in the area, so I thought I'd ask if you guys know of any that you could recommend? We're a 5 piece covers band looking to do a good quality 4 track demo for a planned move into functions/weddings, so it has to be look/sound professional.

Although we'd prefer Leicester, I think we'd be OK with travelling a reasonable distance for the right place. Nottingham, Derby, Coventry, Northampton etc.

[quote name='Andyalfa' post='370196' date='Jan 4 2009, 06:34 PM']I just did a search for Leicester in this forum, but it found no results.

I can't believe there aren't any decent studios in the area, so I thought I'd ask if you guys know of any that you could recommend? We're a 5 piece covers band looking to do a good quality 4 track demo for a planned move into functions/weddings, so it has to be look/sound professional.

Although we'd prefer Leicester, I think we'd be OK with travelling a reasonable distance for the right place. Nottingham, Derby, Coventry, Northampton etc.[/quote]

Not Leics but Birmingham: www.circlestudios.co.uk

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='370243' date='Jan 4 2009, 07:28 PM']My one band rehearses and records here

[url="http://www.quadstudios.co.uk/"]http://www.quadstudios.co.uk/[/url]

Excellent facilities, and the best rehearsal studio I've been to, and I've been to a few !.[/quote]

+1 for Quad, Leicester College are currently renting extra space for their Protools HD3 set up from Bob so I'm down their teaching a fair bit.

The Paddocks in Melton is ace as well www.thepaddocks.net

For Nottingham it would be www.electricmayhem.co.uk they have a lovely Neve VR60 console from Rockfield, I've spent a fair bit of time in that room and always had good results.

Just heard some of the Therapy? and Noise Republic stuff recorded in Derby at a place called Snugg which sounded good. I used to record their years ago when it was called the Hive.

We did our last CD at Snugg. Not a bad job at all. I know Quad quite well too, as I was briefly in a band with Bob and that's where we rehearsed. We were thinking of trying out Deadline in Aylestone this time, but was would like to hear some feedback about it first as it's quite expensive.