Why become a member? ×

Brand new amp and cab advice

P-bassman

Hi guys, I am a noob here and would dearly love some advice. I’m after a new bass amp or even a combo...now, I have a MAXIMUM of £500 to spend BUT, I’d like to get an fx pedal or two with that.. I have contacted my local guitarguitar pffft and they say they have contacted their suppliers of TC Electronics but don’t know if or WHEN they’ll get any little 115/112’s in. I previously had a Trace Elliot 7215 which was glorious but weighed the size of a small moon..and done me back in with it and ended up selling it so now I want to get back out there with my trusty 79 Precision . ANY advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance 

Any moment now, someone will recommend the Fender Rumbles. They're decent for the money and nice and light, but really, you need to go and try some kit. Find a well stocked shop (Bass Direct or similar), spend some time comparing and make an informed decision based on your preference, not anyone else's. Don't buy on recommendation. That's a major reason so much nearly new stuff appears in the marketplace on here.

• Like 1