Why become a member? ×

BACCHUS IMPRESSION 35-5 handmade jazz *SOLD*

elsharko

Its a beauty

Hi chaps, Im selling my top of the range imported handmade custom Bacchus bass, practically brand new. 35" scale lengh - awesome tight, clear bottom end. Beautiful finish.
Construction Alder body. Flame Maple top.
Neck Maple 3 piece neck.
Scale 35 inch.
Fingerboard Pao Ferro fingerboard.
Pick ups HMC JB-ALV CUSTOM
Pre amps HMC EB-3
Tuner Hip Shot.
Bridge Hip Shot.
Serial Inked
Finish Thin lacquer non buffed finish.

2007 model.

Selling £1495/$2195 ono

Im also considering trades, mostly j-bass. 35" scale for 5 string.
Especially looking for a Moon bass or Bacchus Standard 35

This watermarked image is from the shop where I bought it... it shows off the flame the best.

Edited by elsharko

[quote name='elsharko' post='367170' date='Dec 31 2008, 03:49 PM']Its a beauty

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BACCHUS-IMPRESSION-3...%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BACCHUS-IMPRESSION-3...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url][/quote]

Hey Sharky!

Phil told me you had a Bacchus. Good luck with selling it - if I hadn't spent a clean fortune this year I'd be interested in it myself! Hope London's treating you well.

Richard's a decent chap that I know of old guys and he certainly knows his gear.

Cheers

Ian Coulter

[quote name='Bigwan' post='367236' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:00 PM']Hey Sharky!

Phil told me you had a Bacchus. Good luck with selling it - if I hadn't spent a clean fortune this year I'd be interested in it myself! Hope London's treating you well.

Richard's a decent chap that I know of old guys and he certainly knows his gear.

Cheers

Ian Coulter[/quote]

Cheers Ian, yea its a wicked bass but Im just not man enough for it :)
Sure I cant tempt you? We could discuss 'mates rates' and Id like to see it go to a good home. I understand youre rockin a Lakland these days, got any pics?
Going to go with a 4 stringer for a while and experience playing without hand cramps! Got my eye on a nice Moon JB4.
Keep her country!

Edited by elsharko

Hi Sharkey,

[quote name='elsharko' post='367924' date='Jan 1 2009, 06:18 PM']Cheers Ian, yea its a wicked bass but Im just not man enough for it :)[/quote]

It's those girlie guitar player fingers you've got! :huh:

[quote name='elsharko' post='367924' date='Jan 1 2009, 06:18 PM']Sure I cant tempt you? We could discuss 'mates rates' and Id like to see it go to a good home.[/quote]

I wish I could mate but I've had quite a few basses through my hands this past year and am left with a few I'd need to part with before I could even entertain 'mates rates'! Unless I could interest you in a MM Bongo 5HH as part exchange (you'd be able to manage a 5 string with spacing like this - it's about the only reason I'm looking rid of it. I've hands like me ole da's!)

[quote name='elsharko' post='367924' date='Jan 1 2009, 06:18 PM']I understand youre rockin a Lakland these days, got any pics?[/quote]

It's a pretty rare bird this one. Only 23 like it. It's a Lakland Syline JO, but it's ltd ed in Sherwood Green with matching headstock. It came with an East J-retro pre as standard, but I've it set up all passive at the minute. I don't like taking it out of the house in case something happens to it so I got a 55-01 in the post on Christmas Eve that i'll use for gigging.

[url="http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Bigwan2062/Lakland%20pics/"]http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Big...Lakland%20pics/[/url]

[quote name='elsharko' post='367924' date='Jan 1 2009, 06:18 PM']Going to go with a 4 stringer for a while and experience playing without hand cramps! Got my eye on a nice Moon JB4.[/quote]

I've played a few Moon basses (mostly on trips to The Gallery in Camden) and I've yet to play one I didn't really like!

Good to speak to you!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='368006' date='Jan 1 2009, 07:53 PM']Hi Sharkey,

It's those girlie guitar player fingers you've got! :huh:

I wish I could mate but I've had quite a few basses through my hands this past year and am left with a few I'd need to part with before I could even entertain 'mates rates'! Unless I could interest you in a MM Bongo 5HH as part exchange (you'd be able to manage a 5 string with spacing like this - it's about the only reason I'm looking rid of it. I've hands like me ole da's!)

It's a pretty rare bird this one. Only 23 like it. It's a Lakland Syline JO, but it's ltd ed in Sherwood Green with matching headstock. It came with an East J-retro pre as standard, but I've it set up all passive at the minute. I don't like taking it out of the house in case something happens to it so I got a 55-01 in the post on Christmas Eve that i'll use for gigging.

[url="http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Bigwan2062/Lakland%20pics/"]http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Big...Lakland%20pics/[/url]

I've played a few Moon basses (mostly on trips to The Gallery in Camden) and I've yet to play one I didn't really like!

Good to speak to you![/quote]

What? The Gallery have Moons?! Ive been searching the earth for one and the Gallery is 10mins from my house! I must go tomorrow, I havent been in years since they fitted a Marcus Retro to my MMV.
I dont have a mad desire for the Bongo Im afraid... Ive decided I cant live without the block inlays. Ive just become aware of the Fender Deluxe Jazz FMT, which looks class but is pretty pricey.
If you have any blocky recommendations send em this way! :)

Edited by elsharko

The Gallery have had Moons in the past, but it's touch and go. Have to say I'd never be out of the Gallery if I was only 10 minutes away (and I would have a serious credit card bill!).

Have you thought about a Lakland DJ? They look class in black sparkle with a rosewood board and pearl block markers! Or maybe a Sadowsky UV70?

[quote name='ashevans09' post='368908' date='Jan 2 2009, 10:12 PM']Heya,

What string spacing is this beaut?[/quote]

measured rather crudely with my old plastic He-Man ruler from primary school is seems to be 2cm between the middle of the strings at the bridge. 1cm at the nut.

Edited by elsharko

[quote name='josh3184' post='377354' date='Jan 12 2009, 02:29 AM']why is it that every forum i go on, someone eventually asks to look at someone else's pe- oh sorry, read that wrong.

Ahem.[/quote]

yea he got it wrong too, you should see the photos he sent me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...