Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 SOLD

dangerboy

Another bass that I adore but never use...

A Peavey T-40. A real 80s powerhouse, and one of the best instruments Peavey have ever made (IMO).

The pickups are humbuckers, with coil taps operated by the tone controls. As you turn the tone down, the pickups change character from being bitey single-coils into warm, thumping humbuckers. A clever bit of wiring, I'm sure you'll agree. There's also a phase switch, so the number of tones available is pretty astonishing. This is a passive bass, btw, although the output from these pickups (these are the 'blade' ones that T-40 fans seem to prefer) is really hot.

Condition-wise this is nice - there's some buckle rash that looks like it's been touched-up (although the picture totally failed to show it - I'll try and get an ultra closeup tomorrow), and what looks like it might be a small crack by the E machinehead - it doesn't go through the wood and seems old and stable, though, so I don't think it's a problem. Other than that it's surprisingly lovely.

This bass comes with the original fitted Peavey hard case - it's basically indestructable!

300 quid to you. Available for pickup from London, or I can ship it.

Edited by dangerboy

Lovely looking bass Steve!

I had one of these a year or two ago and still regret selling it as it sounded fabulous... TBH, I'm not in the market for any more basses at the moment, so the best I cab do is wish you luck with the sale and wish you a Happy New Year!

BUMP :)