Why become a member? ×

Yamaha bb400s - value ? (pics added)

BigBeatNut

Hi,

I´m researching prices for a yamaha bb400s. I don´t suppose anyone can give me an idea of a current price ? I´ve been offered one that´s in good condition for the neck anyway. body has some wear and tear and metal parts show some corrosion. It´s black, fretless. But don´t know If I´m getting a good price or not.

Thanks, Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

Don't know if this is any help Andy but two years ago I sold a BB800 on Ebay in average condition for about £125, which was a bit below what I thought it was worth (being a 25 year old Yamaha P-bass clone).. At the time, I was hoping for about £150 because of the quality of materials, construction, playability etc, etc...

Hope that helps :)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='366160' date='Dec 30 2008, 12:30 PM']This is almost identical to the bass I´ve been offered (the only real difference is condition). Is that what you meant by a p-bass clone ?

I think it´s probably from the 70´s.[/quote]
It looks like an early 80's model to me but I can't be certain by any means. And yes, to me that's a very, very nice P-Bass clone with it's own character.. What sort of figure are you talking?

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='366211' date='Dec 30 2008, 01:35 PM']240 euros (240 pounds at current exchange rate)[/quote]
That's a bit pricey I think but that's only my opinion of course..

As a comparison, I bought a 1986 Aria Pro II RBS Special fretless on this forum for approx £120 earlier this year and that was an excellent bass, quite similar to the Yamaha you're looking at..

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='366229' date='Dec 30 2008, 02:01 PM']That's a bit pricey I think but that's only my opinion of course..

As a comparison, I bought a 1986 Aria Pro II RBS Special fretless on this forum for approx £120 earlier this year and that was an excellent bass, quite similar to the Yamaha you're looking at..[/quote]

Hey, think that was my Aria! Glad you like it, a great fretless!

[quote name='casapete' post='366923' date='Dec 31 2008, 10:56 AM']Hey, think that was my Aria! Glad you like it, a great fretless![/quote]
Nope, it was definitely my Aria. Unless you sold it to Northern Sounds, Workington, in 1986 that is ;-)

I'm getting my threads all mixed up, I posted this link in another thread on Yamaha BBs in the Bass Guitars section

[url="http://brochures.yokochou.com/index.html#YAMAHA_GTR"]http://brochures.yokochou.com/index.html#YAMAHA_GTR[/url]