Why become a member? ×

Six strings basses - are you spaced out?

Al Krow

On 04/09/2019 at 16:53, Al Krow said:

That sounds pretty perfect to me. I'll guess I'll need to "put up" with Barts in place of the big Nord singles I really like on the Ibby SRs, given that everything else is getting ticked.

Just a reminder that Bartolini make many, many pick ups and I'd not judge thier entire collection based off a lower priced model found on some lesser and mid-range priced models. I count 8 soap-bar style variations and as many jazz ones too! Might be wise to check what's in it first they might surprise you!

https://bartolini.net/product-category/bass-pickups/bass-soapbars/

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

On 05/09/2019 at 17:21, Woodinblack said:

There are a few around though

After my trip to Wunjos and the shock news (ok that's by first world bass player standards!) that the GVB36s have been discontinued, I had a quite a bit of a trawl to see if I could flush one out.

Turns out there were a just a final couple of new ones available in Europe and I've managed to source one from a German retailer at a very decent end-of-line price, significantly better than the RRP still being quoted by a couple of others. Order placed and really looking forward to it! Fingers crossed it doesn't get lost in the ether or turn out never to have been available in the first place!

So, dear Woody, that's another fine Ibby SR I can lay the blame full square on you to Mrs Krow, then! :) 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1