silverfoxnik

SOLD! SOLD: Ashdown MAG 300 watt C115 1x15 bass combo £80 o.n.o.
£80
Littlehampton West Sussex

Posted (edited)

Ashdown Mag C115-300 1x15 bass combo - SOLD elsewhere. 

I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer please.

This is one of the early and more sought after 'made in England models' and whilst its not in the prettiest external condition, it has a great tone and is very punchy and loud, so is perfect for rehearsals and small pub & club gigs, which is what I've used it for since I bought it locally 6 months ago.

The trademark Ashdown VU meter does work, as does everything else, though a couple of the pots are a bit scratchy and could do with a good clean..

The e.q. is very easy to use and offers plenty of scope for shaping your tone and the sub-octave feature offers a subtle but useful extra tonal feature..

As can be seen in the photos, the switch for the sub-octave function is missing but this does not affect usage. I have kept it permanently switched in and used the pot to dial in the effect as required..

All in all, its a very good bass combo that has sounded good with every bass I've tried it with, including both 4 and 5 string basses - in fact, it copes really well with the low B string and even more so if you add an additional 8 ohm cab.. Then things get really interesting because this amp has a lot of power for such a small unit!! 😊

I'm only selling because I've recently bought some more amps and have now got too much gear (apparently). Plus it'd be nice to reclaim a bit of space at home so I can get on with the decorating! 😐 But that's a whole other story.. 😁

I'm based in Littlehampton, West Sussex and would be very happy for anyone interested to come and try this out in person.. Alternatively, I could be persuaded to post by insured courier (at buyers expense) if absolutely necessary, but this is quite a heavy combo so I'm not sure it will be easy to package up safely for transit. Anyway, happy to discuss if you're really interested.. 

If you have any questions, please contact me here or via PM and I'll try to get back to you as quickly as I can.

Thanks for looking as ever. 😊

Nik

IMG_20190830_221429.jpg

IMG_20190830_221444.jpg

IMG_20190830_221454.jpg

IMG_20190830_090031.jpg

IMG_20190830_085855.jpg

IMG_20190830_085909.jpg

IMG_20190830_085950.jpg

IMG_20190830_085955.jpg

IMG_20190830_090005.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
SOLD elsewhere.

£80???

I have an Evo 11 180 combo in the living room - great little combo, ideal for practicing - nowhere near as good as this though.

I was not unhappy paying more than £80...

Somebody's getting a real bargain here.

GLWTS

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

£80???

I have an Evo 11 180 combo in the living room - great little combo, ideal for practicing - nowhere near as good as this though.

I was not unhappy paying more than £80...

Somebody's getting a real bargain here.

GLWTS

Thanks Mick, 

It's a great little combo and really surprised me when I got it - very full sounding, easy to use and extremely loud for its size.. 

The reason I've priced it as at £80 is because its a bit tatty cosmetically and could do with a little bit of tlc really.. 

Especially when compared to the one Geoff has just sold, which looked almost like new! 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By big rob
      I must say the best 4x10 i have ever owned, also has a great tweeter.
      Only selling due to a very bad back, i now have 2 x RS210 cabinets as easier for me to move one at a time, that comes close but this cab really is the best i have played.
      Also comes with the padded TC cover.
      TC Blurb:
      Stackable 600 Watt bass cabinet with tweeter offers extreme portability and superior tone for stage and studio use ? Vertically stackable with other RS range cabinets for uncompromising full-frequency sound Compact and lightweight bass cabinet design 4 x 10" custom Eminence* drivers for deep fundamental bass tone 1" titanium diaphragm tweeter with 1.5" aluminum coil for increased percussive attack and definition Dual speaker link connections on premium Neutrik speakON* connectors (8 Ohm impedance) L-pad control lets you adjust to get the perfect amount of high-end detail Stylish ?anti-skid? covered plywood cabinet designed for toughest life on the road Designed and engineered in Denmark

• By Merton
      Hello!
      Any owners of the glorious Ashdown CTM100 ever changed the output valves? I picked one up for a ridiculous price on eBay but one the power valves has gone and the other is running quite “hot” according to the built-in bias meter.
      I’ll probably send it to Ashdown for a complete health check but might do so with my choice of output valve... looking at the Genalex Golden Lion reissue probably.
      Any thoughts?
    • By bigjimmyc
      Hi. Surplus to requirements, gotta go. This is the 300w version. A little tatty but solid and sounds great. It is very compact (72cm tall x 49cm wide x 34cm deep, including feet). 
      Perfect for your LB or CTM-100!

• By Joebethell
      The realisation has come that I'm not gigging and keeping this rig is not really the best option.
      Custom vertical blue tolex zilla 2x12 with BN12-300s speakers, It's a 4ohm 600watt cab that isn't to heavy to shift on your own.
      Has slight Mark's on the top from the rubber feet of the amp but great condition. 
      Also ABM 600 VI cracking head that hasn't got the use it deserves great sound loads of power and suits the cab well. 
      Any questions feel free to ask. 
      650 the pair will trade for small home use setup ctm30 or bareface 1x10 etc 
      Head sold 
      Cab still available £325ono 

• By Phil J
      SOLD.

For sale is my first generation Ashdown ABM 1x10 combo amp, made in England in 2002.
      This is one of the last Ashdown amplifiers still handmade in England before production was moved to the far East.
      The tone is the classic, vintage, warm Ashdown tone.
      It is a combination amp, with 300 watts driving a single 10 inch original blueline speaker.
      Condition is excellent. The amp works perfectly and has only very tiny cosmetic damage.
      There is a small smudge of paint one on of the handles, and a couple of miniscule nicks in the buffalo leather covering.
      Collection only from Chorley, Lancashire or Manchester.
      Any questions, ask away. Thanks for looking.
      Features:
      300 Watts at 8 Ohms
      Can attach an 8 Ohm speaker cabinet for more volume
      2 channel input (low and high gain)
      Input level pot
      Ashdown's signature VU meter
      Valve drive section
      7 band Equaliser
      Mid boost button
      Eq On/Off button
      Subharmoniser button and level control (sub-octave generator)
      Mute Switch
      Output DI XLR connection
      Pre/Post Eq switch for XLR output
      Output level pot
      Tuner/Line out
      Sub Out
      Front ported cabinet