Why become a member? ×

Wireless Query

Mercury Rising

21 hours ago, Mercury Rising said:

Just musing to myself about my wireless set up. Currently Xvive transmitter into bass, receiver into HX Stomp, guitar lead into Amp, works fine. Would another Xvive (on different frequency) work connected from my HX Stomp to my amp?

It would - but the cumulative latency is getting in a bit in that setup. (Expect about 15ms)

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 1

Ive just tried this, although I used my Boss WL-20L as the second link. I did noticed a bit of delay. As i play with a pick it’s easy to hear the click acoustically and then the amplified click. Only minor, but it felt like it wasn’t worth doing. The Boss has less latency than the Xvive2, but not by much. 

Actually, while we are on the subject of latency and the Stomp. I have no issues with a wireless and the Stomp, but yesterday I plugged the Stomp in to my Megaboom BT speaker (using a cable of course), the delay was horrendous. Totally unusable.
Ive used the MB load of times with my Zoom B1-Four (and B1on) without any real issues, so I have a feeling the Stomp has a much higher internal latency, albeit still under what the human ear can hear under normal circumstances. We just need to be careful what’s further down the line