Why become a member? ×

Planet Waves Tru strobe tuner

dave_bass5

Just wondering if this is any good. Id love a Peterson but cant justify the cost as i dont tend to use a tuner much at gigs.
While this is still expensive i like the look of it and the format suits me better as i dont want a pedal tuner.

[url="http://www.dv247.com/invt/49845?gclid=CO7n25iI1JcCFcsa3godrFOJCQ"]http://www.dv247.com/invt/49845?gclid=CO7n...CFcsa3godrFOJCQ[/url]

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='363925' date='Dec 26 2008, 10:14 PM']If you use standard tuning, have you looked at the ultra cheap Planet Waves Bass SOS tuner? It very quick to tune up wih it & much more accurate than the other tuners I've used.[/quote]

Yes, ive been using them since they came out. Only probplem is i have lost at least 5 of them :-(

[quote name='markytbass' post='364063' date='Dec 27 2008, 10:05 AM']£100 for a tuner? I paid about £15 for my Metro-Tuner and it does the job perfect.[/quote]

I agree but £100 is still cheaper than the Petersons.
Yes, a cheap tuner will tune almost as well in some circumstances but a strobe offers a lot more accuracy and is especially good for adjusting the intonation and also if you use different tunings.
They are also a lot easier to see from a distance. I tend t just hang a tuner off the tuner out on my amps and i find it hard to see the needle on my Boss TU-15 from a distance.
I also have a Korg DT4 and find that a lot easier to see/use on stage but its not a true strobe and can don't find it particularly fast or accurate for setting intonation. Brilliant for just standard tuning though and the best Ive used as far as seeing it on stage.