Why become a member? ×

And the Winner is.........................

Delberthot

Should have read it more carefully. Doh. Presume the Schroeder is 4 ohms so you cant just get another one. I have had this problem myself with just using one cab - I always take both even if I know I am only going to use the top one - it is still coupled to the floor through the other cab and at a level where I can hear it. Using some sort of cab stand never worked for me.

The Schroeder is 4 ohms to allow me to get the full whack out of the amp but I think I would like to use either another 4 ohm cab in place of the 1212L with more drivers for more oomph when there is no PA or 2 8 ohm cabs.

I'e had a look at the Eden Nemesis N410RS and it does look really good on paper:

600w, choice of 4 or 8 ohm versions, SPL of 104dB, only 10lbs more than my 1212L and £355 + shipping from the Bass Centre

I'll see if I can find out anything else about them and also have a look at some other lightweight cabs to see what else is out there.

I've just emailed Jeff Genzler to ask about the saddle that attaches the Shuttle to the combos.

I asked him last week if they were available and he said they weren't. I've been on Talkbass and there's a load of guys there looking for them as well.

The screws that go into the side of the Shuttle are a really unusual size and the only ones I could get to fit were ones I took out of a Behringer cab that blew up. I managed to pick up a bracket and some bits and bobs to attach the amp to my cab stand but it looks sh*te.

I'm going off my head trying to find something to fit so I've emailed Jeff again to find out if there is any special reason why the saddles aren't sold separately and where i can get screws, more specifically thumb screws, to fit the amp as i want to be able to attach the amp to my stand without having use a screwdriver which is what I'm having to do now.

Fitting my new kitchen was more straightforward than this. I'm off for a lie down to calm down.

Got an email back saying that the reason they do not supply the saddle is that they don't know if someone will attach it to a beast of a cab and try and lift it using the handle which would end up in tears.

I have discovered that the thread size is 10/32. I'm now trying to find the specs for the Fender piggyback screws as I have a feeling that they are the same.

I've found them on US Amazon but they come in at £14 odds for a couple of screws. Screw that

Edited by Delberthot

I've had a crazy idea and need prodded in the right direction.

I haven't asked the question yet so don't know if this will be possible.

In my quest for small and light and the fact that these shuttle saddles aren't available separately, would I be silly to see if there is some way that Darren at the Bass Merchant could work something out for me where my Shuttle 6.0 becomes a 6.0-12T combo?

My plan would be to use the combo on its own for small gigs where I use it as a monitor and buy a second 12" cab for use in larger gigs with no PA support.

I wouldn't expect him to take my amp back, even though its only done 2 gigs but even sending back the box for my amp and him sending me back a shuttle combo minus the head, along with a 12" cab.

This would mean me selling my Schroeder 1212L.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='367213' date='Dec 31 2008, 04:33 PM']I have discovered that the thread size is 10/32. I'm now trying to find the specs for the Fender piggyback screws as I have a feeling that they are the same.

I've found them on US Amazon but they come in at £14 odds for a couple of screws. Screw that[/quote]

If it is of any use...
American made 'Radio Controlled' cars (Team Associated being one make) use 10/32 allen screws.
A search on e-bay should find you some, or try a model shop.... Good luck!

Managed to find a source for the screws in the UK

[url="http://www.stagonset.co.uk/fasteners?t=1231346488&output_frontpage=yes&cart_id=6587087_17592"]http://www.stagonset.co.uk/fasteners?t=123...d=6587087_17592[/url]

£3.00 delivered. I bought 2 1/2"and 2 1" tosee which would be better.

I've had a thought about my cabs and am eyeing up a couple of 12" ones that look ideal. I will need to sell my Warmoth initially to pay for them, then I will sell my Schroeder cab.

My plan now is to get 2 12" cabs and use one with the wedding band as a monitor and 2 for the rock band.

I've spotted 2 that sound really good but need to sell my Warmoth P first, then I'll be selling my Schroeder cab.

If they go before my bass sells then I am considering the same cabs as you have