Why become a member? ×

EMG..Tom Araya

Dov65

couple of thoughts

First, while you still can, it may be worth widening your search to the EU - no import duty to be paid if they have them in stock and available.  That said I see that some UK shops have them listed as available for pre-order - have you contacted them to see when they are expected to be in stock?  It is a newish product so may not be out here yet

Next, it doesn't seem to be a specific Tom Araya signature pickups, simply the same pairing of a 35DC and a 35J that he has on his basses.  Unless I've missed something, you could just buy them separately: a Google search is telling me that a shop called Guitar Sound in Chichester has them both in stock (though I've never bought anything from them so don't know about that particular shop)

If you still want the TA set, and nobody can tell you when to expect them to be available then you could contact the UK distributors for more info:

https://www.selectron-uk.co.uk/

Finally, if you do end up having no choice but to order from the States, then discuss the shipping and tax position with the shop/seller concerned.  The easiest for you is if they charge you for the tax up front, but only large sellers tend to do this.  If they don't then you'll need to settle the tax, plus any admin charges from the shipping company for dealing with the tax, before they'll release the pickups.

My favourite for this is Amazon.com as they will always charge you up front, and refund the balance if the actual tax is less.  In fact, having just checked, the best price I've seen is actually on Amazon.com who will ship to the UK and will charge you for the tax up front:

https://www.amazon.com/EMG-Signature-Active-4-String-Guitar/dp/B07MZR4DYX/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=emg+ta&qid=1565786580&s=gateway&sr=8-5

$176 including the tax and shipping, about £145 on today's exchange rate, vs £170 on the UK sites

• Thanks 2

Thank you very much for the input sir, reason i'm after the TA pups apart from being a Slayer nut is everythings included in the set..plug & play more or less even i couldn't muck it up. Amazon looks the way to go @ £145 thanks for that 👍