Why become a member? ×

Oldie Newbie

Apex

Hi all!

Finally got round to saying hello after registering a week or so ago! Started playing bass about 18 months ago to support a works band for a one-off gig and - hey? we're still around! BassChat seems to have become more than just a forum, as a repository of good info on all things Bass. Just what I need!

As for me, I'm having a ball even though I'm probably pretty awful in terms of technique - my learning process is each new song the band decides it wants to try! I've been singing bass for the best part of 40 years in choirs and musicals, so some of the bass line is familiar territory, but getting a good sound - [u]recognising[/u] a good sound - is harder.

Started with a cheap Stagg (indeed, started [u]because[/u] I had a cheap Stagg!), moved on to a 5-string Peavey Millennium, driving a 2nd hand Torque amp. New amp on the horizon for the NY.

So Hi Guys and Gals! I see my role as forum numpty and asker of awkward questions - but I will search past threads first, promise!

Gordon
aka Apex (as in Bass over A = a**se over t*t...)

OMG - sense of humour exposed as well! :)