Why become a member? ×

New neck on Jazzbastard

GreeneKing

This bass has been very much 'work in progress'.

I bought it from Thumper and it was an Allparts bound and blocked neck on I think an Allparts body with overwound Lindy Fralins and the bridge pup in the 'take it to the bridge' position.

I added an ACG02 Pre-amp and a BadassII to the beast and was very pleased with the result.

Now I have a history of owning at least 4 fretless basses and I've not been happy with the tone of any of them. (It could be my playing that's the problem).

I bought a Warmoth fretless neck from a fellow BCer with the intention of putting it on my Warmoth Darkstar body, but..... the Warmoth is so good I don't want to mess with it.

So today I put the Warmoth neck on the Jazzbasstard and I'm very pleased with the sound indeed. It really doesn't look as nice though.

So I now have a spare neck..... :)

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

I've just had another noodle. It's funny how coming back to it gives a better impression sometimes. It's ace! Loads of mwaa, the stuff I've always looked for and never found. This neck is staying put :)

Using just the bridge pup and getting honk + mwaa is where it's at.