Why become a member? ×

Do Warwick make a bolt on neck Streamer bass?

Linus27

Oneday, when I'm really bored and have some spare cash, I promised myself a Warwick Streamer. This stems from back in the late 80's when they had an advert for a light wood Streamer with Ying and Yan inlays. Not sure if its the original Streamer or a Stage 1. Anyway, I fell in love with it and always wanted one.

Does Warwick make a decent bolt on neck Streamer bass, either old or current? Never been a fan of thru neck basses so would prefer bolt on if possible.

the Streamer LX is the bolt on version, and it's the cheapest of the range :) Also, the streamer Jazzman (j-mm pickups), and the Warwick Streamer $$ is bolt on (maple neck instead of the usual ovangkol). The ying yang inlayed Streamer is the Stage II, mucho dineros.

For older Streamers, there is the Streamer Standard, which is the precursor to their Rockbass range, and also the Streamer Pro M, twin-jazz pickups, dual preamp, with bolt-on wenge neck. Very nice imo. Seth Horan's old #1 bass.

Oh yeah, and their LTD 2008 with wooden pickup covers, and very sexy.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

/\ /\ Matching rig! /\ /\

I used to have an older Streamer Standard mentioned in the first reply, the one with a passive humbucker and one piece bridge. Although others on here may disagree, and tone is highly subjective anyway, i wouldn't reccommend them. It had a very weak and non-warwick sound to my ears, even with new strings and a set up there was nothing to get excited about. Nice neck and the cavity is big enough for a pre amp though, it's quite a solid bass to upgrade (why i bought it in the first place). Think they go for £200+ so a potential bargain if you can source new gubbins for it

I have an old Pro-m 5 and I like it very much.
They can be picked up second hand, as this one was, at a fraction of the cost of the through neck models
It gives a good tone without having to play with the EQ and plays great.
That said it may get made redundant if next years home build comes off as planed, we shall see.

Until then it is all the five string fretted I need.

it is the middle one below

[attachment=17619:DSCN0536.jpg]

Pete

Edited by Peaty