Why become a member? ×

*OHPF* Ken Smith BT5 1991 Koa. £2600!
£2600
York

ped

Hi guys 

I have seen another Smith that I really must have (4 string) so I need to sell this amazing bass. Everything about it is perfect; it has the exact ‘Smith Sound’ and is in superb condition. 

Its a BT5 model form 1991. It has a volume with pull passive mode which works without a battery, then a pickup pan knob followed by a stacked bass and treble. Most people say this is the classic Smith pre. 

The front and back is figured Koa (FK in serial number). Then there’s a maple layer with a mahogany centre. Theneck is graphite reinforced, maple and morado five piece.

The setup is flat and low - making it effortless to play. The whole bass is so thin and resonant - slap an E on this and your whole body shakes. 

It comes with the original (again, sought after) teardrop hard case and leather strap. 

Currently strung with Elixir .040s. 

Weight is 4.4kg 

Collection from/near York strongly preferred although I’m happy to meet halfway to basically anywhere to ensure safe and happy receipt of bass.

Some pics - can take more in request!

Cheers

ped

58E12ADE-6242-4DDD-9B64-FF98FE257F6A.jpeg

8C092902-278F-44A8-9210-C3BCAD9A3D4A.jpeg

62C1DFDB-2A77-4121-A8B1-E1F2DF0D8B44.jpeg

9B5DBC0E-F976-4666-A8B2-4CB28DCC32EC.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, albinokiller said:

So - is it sold or I still have a chance? ;)

It's sold, currently sitting in a stand being admired by me with a glass of rum in hand. I've only had a brief chance to play it for an hour or so this evening but it's an incredible instrument. 

Ped - thanks again for accommodating a quick sale, I knew there would be no issues with the bass but it really was love at first sight. Cheers for letting me have a quick go on the Vigier too, super cool bass! 

I think I also need a get one of those Eich bass boards, super cool piece of kit. 

• Like 1

• ped locked this topic