Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Epiphone LP - 56 Gold Top - good home wanted!

I'm reluctantly selling my Epi LP - here the blurb from my potential eBay listing - please PM me if interested.

Cheers

A
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

An absolute classic design - the Les Paul - reissued by Epiphone in the Gold Top 1956 finish.

I bought this guitar about 2 years ago after seeing Gary Moore in concert, and fancying some of that great LP P90 blues tone, but sadly I am so busy with my job, that I never get to play it - and it's actually been out of the Hiscox Lite Flite case (which is included in the sale) about 5 times since I've owned it.

I really need to claim back some space at home, and reluctantly I'm therefore selling this guitar. I'm really torn about this, as I love the thing - but it should be played - and loved by a new owner!

It was bought new, from my local Dawsons Music, and I have the original receipt for £349, plus £79 for the case. There were cheaper deals at the time,(and still are) but I wanted to buy a guitar that had been quality checked, not just posted out in a box, and this plays beautifully.

I'm after £275 - which includes the flightcase - as I need to buy a new bass amp!

This has P90 pickups - which are single coils - so you won't get that Jimmy Page/Slash humbucker growl - BUT - this is a fantastic and versatile guitar for Blues and Classic Rock.

Also, this is the Korean made version, which is no longer available, and I am told that towards the end of this models shelf life, they moved production to China, and the quality dropped like a stone. This is an excellent guitar - fit, finish and playabilty.

Sound

I found a link on YouTube to a guy playing some solo stuff on exactly this model, which will give you an idea of the kind of tone available:

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlDDckBqeo"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlDDckBqeo[/url]

LP guitars are HEAVY - and this is no exception, and with the flightcase, this tips the scales at over 8kg. I am still investigating courier costs, and I would think about £30 - £35. However, I'm also willing to deliver within 30 miles of Manchester - fuel costs to be agreed - based on actual destination. Also, if you want to meet up 'half way' - that can also be discussed.

This guitar is in fantastic condition - although I did notice when I was taking the pictures that there is the tiniest 'rub' on the edge of the headstock - which looks a lot worse (ironically) in the photograph - because it catches and reflects the light from the flash. I've never noticed this before and it really is very, very small - but - as my feedback suggests - I'm a very honest ebayer, so I'm being upfront about this. I'll happily take more pictures and answer any questions for interested parties

Edited by The Admiral

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...