Why become a member? ×

Nate Mendel sig V Duff Mckagan Deluxe (2019) sig

Combed20

I had a Duff Sig (older model, not the new one with blocks etc), and have played a Nate Sig. The Duff, although it has a Jazz width neck, was a fair handful, I was surprised at the depth of the neck. The Nate although a thinner than regular Precision, just felt like a good worn in Precision. Sound-wise the Duff is more versatile due to the two pickups and TBX option, additionally the Nate has Quarter Pounder pickups which I`m not keen on.  I wouldn`t say either was better as in terms of build quality, playability they were pretty evenly matched. If I had to pick one I`d probably go for the Duff as for one I already have enough regular Precisions, so the added tonal options make sense, plus it wouldn`t require a pickup change to get rid of the QPs.

1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

I had a Duff Sig (older model, not the new one with blocks etc), and have played a Nate Sig. The Duff, although it has a Jazz width neck, was a fair handful, I was surprised at the depth of the neck. The Nate although a thinner than regular Precision, just felt like a good worn in Precision. Sound-wise the Duff is more versatile due to the two pickups and TBX option, additionally the Nate has Quarter Pounder pickups which I`m not keen on.  I wouldn`t say either was better as in terms of build quality, playability they were pretty evenly matched. If I had to pick one I`d probably go for the Duff as for one I already have enough regular Precisions, so the added tonal options make sense, plus it wouldn`t require a pickup change to get rid of the QPs.

Many thanks mate. Interesting on the neck front. Both sound quite a handful.