Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* 1998 Warwick Streamer Stage II

Dubs

No long explanations; after a couple of months with this I think I’m looking for something slightly different, possibly an older Warwick NT (Streamer or Thumb). Only really interested in trades but will accept cash if it means I can buy the bass I want. I’m not after top dolla for this as I got it for a steal, but I have spent a good few hours on touching up some blemishes.

Can’t really say a lot more about this bass other than it sounds bloody fantastic and it will come with an aluminium Warwick flightcase.

Anyone interested?

EDIT: Picture added below. This is a '98 with a wenge neck.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='Josh' post='355729' date='Dec 16 2008, 10:37 AM']Just to say, Ben is a legend to deal with and this bass for it's age is in damn good condition and Ben has done a great job of restoring it further.[/quote]

Thanks mate, really appreciate that. It’s a shame this has happened cos it’s a great bass and I’ve been trying to make it my regular, but I find my hand going for the SSI more than this so I don’t think there’s a lot of point me keeping hold of such a great instrument if it’s not gonna get played. It’s definitely a players bass, not a collectors piece…

[quote name='rjb' post='355739' date='Dec 16 2008, 10:44 AM']Are you missing a bit o' the old Thumb action? :brow:

Plenty of nice NTs around at the moment....[/quote]

:) yeah a bit… I’ve been eyeing up one or two but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll just take things as they come and see what turns up. Fingers crossed...

[quote name='johnnylager' post='357968' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:11 PM']Get a Spector.[/quote]

I heard they were for c**ts, or was that Warwicks? I'm a c*** so maybe they're both for c**ts :)

I feel a need for something different in my bass arsenal and I’m missing the Musicman sound :brow: I’ve played a few Sterlings recently and loved every one. I was GASing for a Sterling a little while ago and I’m feeling another GAS attack coming on…

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='357981' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:17 PM']I heard they were for c**ts, or was that Warwicks? I'm a c*** so maybe they're both for c**ts :)

I feel a need for something different in my bass arsenal and I’m missing the Musicman sound :brow: I’ve played a few Sterlings recently and loved every one. I was GASing for a Sterling a little while ago and I’m feeling another GAS attack coming on…[/quote]
Diarra eh? Least he was up front about it, unlike someone else I could [s]stab like the c*** he is[/s] mention.

EDIT: What's wrong with being a c***? Unless you've got a face like an old leather satchel.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='357982' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:19 PM']Diarra eh? Least he was up front about it, unlike someone else I could [s]stab like the c*** he is[/s] mention.

EDIT: What's wrong with being a c***? Unless you've got a face like an old leather satchel.[/quote]

I’ve got no beef with Diarra cos on the day he joined the club he told the press he didn’t want to stay here and wanted bigger and better things, and £20m+ is silly money for someone we picked up for less than a quarter of that. I think Lauren is being a c*** though. He should shut the f*** up.

• 2 months later...

hello. new on here, coz i'm just lookin for a streamer stage I or II. pref slightly older with the older necks. would you be interested in a trade for a 2008 sandberg california jj4? based on a fender jazz, but in all the reviews claimed to be better. active/passive 2 x jazz single coils. hard core aged at the factory.

can include pics if interested.

Many thanks.

bear.

[quote name='essjaythebear' post='428572' date='Mar 8 2009, 01:45 PM']hello. new on here, coz i'm just lookin for a streamer stage I or II. pref slightly older with the older necks. would you be interested in a trade for a 2008 sandberg california jj4? based on a fender jazz, but in all the reviews claimed to be better. active/passive 2 x jazz single coils. hard core aged at the factory.

Many thanks.

bear.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this has been sold man.

[quote name='essjaythebear' post='428572' date='Mar 8 2009, 01:45 PM']hello. new on here, coz i'm just lookin for a streamer stage I or II. pref slightly older with the older necks. would you be interested in a trade for a 2008 sandberg california jj4? based on a fender jazz, but in all the reviews claimed to be better. active/passive 2 x jazz single coils. hard core aged at the factory.

Many thanks.

bear.[/quote]

Sorry mate, this went about 3 months ago. I'll update the title.