SOLD* Laney B1 head and Marshall MBC410 * SOLD

Guest MoJo

Due to the fact that
[list=1]
[*]I'm not getting any younger/stronger
[*]I've just got a stonkin' deal on a Trace Elliot combo
[*]I need the room
[/list]

I need to sell my current rig. I thought I'd post it on here where someone might appreciate it before casting it to the general 'I want it for nothing' populous on eBay.

First up is my superb Laney B1. Sadly now discontinued, the flagship of the Laney bass amp range can pack an almighty 1500 watts into 4 ohms bridged or 750 watts per channel in bi-amp mode.

It's in superb working order with no tears/cigarette burns to the carpet covering

[size=3][b]Front Panel[/b][/size]

The input section has both valve and FET pre-amp stages which can be combined via the blend control and you can tell the difference between the two (unlike my old Hartke HA5500). Inputs for passive and active basses and a tuner output

Six band graphic EQ (switchable), Bass and treble controls and a useful pre-shape filter switch

A very useful compressor and a nice reflection of me in the large Volume control knob

[size=3][b]Rear panel[/b][/size]

Speakon connectors only for the speaker outputs in view of the amount of power they have to handle

Built-in active cross-over (bi-amp mode) with outputs to slave amps. Auxiliary input socket, Effects loop send/return, balanced DI out (switchable pre/post EQ) and pre-amp out (bridge-mode)

The B1 is a highly regarded amp and quite rightly so. Huge power, great features and a great sound.

I'm looking for £250 + shipping.

Also up for grabs is my Marshall MBC410

600 watts at 4ohms. Very good condition (badge has been removed but will be included in the sale). One or two tiny knocks to vinyl covering. £100 + shipping
[color="#FF0000"]WARNING - CAB IS HEAVY (no castors fitted) TWO MAN LIFT[/color]

Buy both together including the required cables for £300 + shipping

Edited by bassman2790

It's the 300watt 12-band 2x10 Combo. It's purely downsizing. I don't enjoy man-handling the 4x10 in and out of gigs and as it's mainly for on-stage monitoring, it's overkill really. Had a Trace combo before and was very pleased.

Whoever grabs the Laney is going to be chuffed. I shall be sorry to see it go. More than enough headroom to compete with the loudest guitarists/drummers.

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='355197' date='Dec 15 2008, 05:24 PM']really liking the look of this amp,

Would have to sell my combo to fund for this though!

I'm guessing its a solid state amp?!

Cheers,
Ben[/quote]

Power amp stage is solid state yes. The valve pre-amp is noticably warmer than the FET stage and can be overdriven by winding up the 'drive' control knob. if it's still around when you've sold your combo, give me a shout.

Mark

Edited by bassman2790

Pre-eBay *BUMP*

I need to sell these items pretty quickly so I shall be putting them up on eBay later. Priority will be given to Basschatters however as I'd like them, particularly the amp, to go to a home where they'll be appreciated

:)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='355774' date='Dec 16 2008, 11:14 AM']£300 gets you a cracker of a rig, that amp looks a menace.[/quote]

It has been known to make young children cry :)

Now on eBay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=200289105751&Category=58719&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1"]here[/url]