Why become a member? ×

Can anyone recommend some bass music....

agroupuk

Hey all,

As the title suggests can anyone recommend any bass music that would sound good on an amped acoustic bass? something that can be played solo with no other instruments and isnt to hard (i am still a newbie)

Theres a local acoustic night and I fancied trying to play something but really dont know what.

Any suggestions/links to tabs etc highly apreciated!! :)

Thanks all.

Edd

[quote name='agroupuk' post='354406' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:53 PM']Hey all,

As the title suggests can anyone recommend any bass music that would sound good on an amped acoustic bass? something that can be played solo with no other instruments and isnt to hard (i am still a newbie)

Theres a local acoustic night and I fancied trying to play something but really dont know what.

Any suggestions/links to tabs etc highly apreciated!! :)

Thanks all.

Edd[/quote]

Solo type thing? John Myung's Solar Groove is pretty cool.

[quote name='OldGit' post='354786' date='Dec 15 2008, 08:56 AM']Alun's Christmas tunes for solo bass would be apposite for the next few weeks
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=32972&view=findpost&p=340540"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=340540[/url][/quote]

Already bought it :)

I wanted to avoid the christmas stuff if possible tho.

I am not sure people understand quite what I am after though. I want a piece of music like a Wooten track (just for bass) but easier lol

Does that make sense?