Why become a member? ×

my bass!

silky13

hey everyone, well I'm new here! Have put a wee hello in introductions, but thought I would show off my lovely Fender 40th anniversary custom shop p-bass!

I bought it around June this year, when i finally upgraded from my Jackson Kelly Bass. I had been looking around for ages and thought I had decided on the bass that I was going to get, which was a stingray 4 3eq. But when I went to try one again with the intention of purchasing this beautiful 17year old beast caught my eye. Tried it and fell in love, it was like my perfect cross between a precision and jazz, played so nice and sounded so deep or high, depending how you played with the controls, giving great versatility.

Anyway when I did a bit of research on it I found out it was built in 1991 in California as part of a run of 400 custom shop p-basses made to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the p-bass.

anyway hope you like the pics, i think they do justice to just how well kept the bass is for 17 years of wear!

cheers,
Tom

[quote name='BassBus' post='354279' date='Dec 14 2008, 03:19 PM']That top is just stunning. Is it just my funny eyes or is the bridge squint?[/quote]

i hope its just your eyes, it looks alright to me, but I think it may be an optical illusion on that 3rd pic with the reflection of the flash and the way the saddles are set!

Cheers for the comments! the quilted top and finish is exactly what caught my eye the first time I saw it! :)

can see and hear it in action on my current bands youtube videos one of which is .. [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xVoYlRetAFM"]HERE[/url] :huh: