Why become a member? ×

Handcrafted Yamaha Lotus Series Ll26 Acoustic Guitar - Brand New, Boxed

Brand new Yamaha LL26 acoustic guitar from their Lotus Series. Handcrafted by Yamaha's top luthiers in Japan from the finest tonewoods. Easily in the league of the top American manufacturers such as Taylor or Martin (probably closest to the Taylors in terms of a more modern, clean acoustic tone).[indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]This guitar is absolutely flawless - I have looked over it from every angle, and the Japanese craftsmen are doing immaculate work. There is absolutely no blemish on this instrument: the woodgrain has no discolourations, unevenness or knots, the fretwork is perfect, the inlays, binding and joints are as cleanly executed as I have seen on any instrument of any price.[indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]Why am I selling this guitar? Well... I actually received this guitar last Sunday as a prize for being the top guitar student on my diploma course. It's so much nicer than the acoustics I have been using for gigs (which are worth about £200 each)... but I am quite a showman when I perform, hitting the guitar and so on, and I'd almost be afraid to play it for fearing of scratching the finish. Plus, I would spend the whole night making sure it didn't get stolen, because there is no way I could afford to replace it.[indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]The guitar is unplayed other than me strumming a few gentle chords when I received the guitar for school publicity pictures and things. It sounds (to me) fairly similar to a Taylor, quite a modern sort of tone. I still have the original box. It is still in tune from the factory.[indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent][b]
Specifications:[/b][list]
[*]solid premium Engelman spruce top
[*]solid premium rosewood back and sides
[*]5-ply striped mahogany and padauk neck, satin finish on neck
[*]hand-finished ebony finger board and bridge, pearl diamond inlay
[*]Dreadnought-size body, natural gloss finish
[*]intricate wood binding
[*]premium Gotoh open-geared tuning machines, in vintage brass finish
[*]luxury leather-like luxury hardcase with plush lining, secure gold latches, leather handle and Yamaha logo
[/list][indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]More information is available at Yamaha's website:

[url="http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/guitar/aguitar/message.html"]http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/gu...ar/message.html[/url][indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]I can take high-resolution shots of any parts of the guitar on request... but this guitar is best seen in person.[indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]I will also consider interesting trades or part-exchange ideas, as long as they are realistic... please don't offer your Squier strat as a trade. And I will only do a cash-on-collection/delivery deal unless we have agreed an alternative in advance. I may deliver within a reasonable distance for petrol compensation.[indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]I would obviously like to get as close to the full value of the guitar as possible - I'm selling it for the lowest available online price of[size=2] [b][size=3]£1,399[/size][/b][/size], but by buying from me, you have an opportunity to see the guitar before buying and confirming that it is every bit as perfect as I have said... plus you get to help out a broke student![indent][indent]
[/indent][/indent]So get in touch, and save this beautiful guitar from the alternative fate of only being played quietly in my bedroom.

Edited by therealting

That is very nice!

I'd love to have that and particularly to have won it!

Are you really sure you want to sell it? A rash decision for cash now that you could regret in a few years time.
If you're gigging you should have insurance anyway (for public liability if nothing else), I use musicguard, they're pretty good although I've never made a claim with them.

Good point on the insurance, but I think I'd still be absolutely paranoid about anything happening to such a nice guitar. I am one of those people who thinks it's stupid to buy a beautiful guitar and then not play it because you want to keep it pristine. Unfortunately, I am now one of those people.

I once said that of the two scenarios, I'd much rather someone stole one of my guitars and played it, than spilt beer on it / fell on it breaking the headstock / anything that ruined the guitar. I generally only by well used or relatively inexpensive guitars, partly of course because I don't have a great deal of money (otherwise I wouldn't be selling this guitar), but mostly because I'm much less afraid of damaging them. I bought my Strat off the eBay partly because of the nicks and scratches the body already had.

I will also say that if the guitar was a jumbo instead of a dreadnought, I'd probably keep it (I've actually contacted the school to ask Yamaha if they would consider a swap)... I just like jumbos more (they sound different, and I look more proportional onstage with one!), but most people seem to prefer dreadnoughts. Whoever ends up buying this will not believe what a stunningly beautiful instrument they are getting. It's spent quite a lot of time on its bed, lying in its open case, being looked at by me. :)

If somehow I don't get a swap from Yamaha, or end up getting a good offer for it, I'll probably have to hang on to it... but I'd rather it went to someone who would really enjoy playing it as opposed to playing it in fear like I know I will.

(interestingly, I did the vocal diploma last year, and also received a prize for being the best student at the end of that course... I gave that back to the school in exchange for a discount on the guitar course fees. I don't know what it is with me and prizes)

Edited by therealting

• 3 years later...

Hi I have a Zager acoustic cutawaway that I brought in from America earlier this year second hand value around £750/"800. If you are interested in part ex let me know and I will send pics or pos meet. The guitar was made by Dana Zager of the "In the year 25 25 fame" the guitar Is great But I love the new Yamies. contact me on [email protected]
cheers john