Higgie

FS: Shuker 5 string Jazz Bass £950
£1000
Chingford London

Posted (edited)

Up for sale is my Jon Shuker 5 String Jazz built for me in 2013. It has a couple knocks and bumps having toured the world with me but nothing obvious from the front. Villex pickups and electronics with passive mid cut make for a very versatile sound. It’s not the lightest bass ever made, but plays and sounds great. Comes with it’s original Hiscox hard case, or will knock some off if you want it in a generic gigbag.

£950 collected from Chingford, London.

228953CE-3487-402D-AA4B-FEF42AD0FC0E.thumb.jpeg.0e5b8577f87c07b47f4cbcb5475f4e84.jpeg

D6644D2F-F193-4F83-8170-6AE352E8A75C.thumb.jpeg.778801a1b7dbdaa58cbb45e97b60c5fe.jpeg78010B9A-6A4D-484E-B994-B804410FF903.thumb.jpeg.35ed9752a68d493b70dab560f61b0122.jpeg

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mart3442
      Selling this lovely Korean made Coda Pro5 Bass by Stuart Spector. Bought brand new, 7 months ago from Bassdirect. The bass in in excellent condition, with 1 or 2 tiny marks that I can''t pick up with the camera.
      Price is £550 inc UK postage, this is for the Bass in its original packaging, with no case. Or for £590 inc UK postage, I can include a Stagg hardcase.

Here are the specs for this gorgeous Bass:
      Neck: 1 piece rock maple, capped with a Rosewood fingerboard. Pearl dot inlays, 20 frets, scale length is 34", string spacing is 0.66 at the bridge, nut width 1.78".
      Body: Solid Alder with a quilted maple top in Black Cherry stain.
      Hardware: Spector locking bridge, Spector Legend machine heads, standard strap buttons.
      Electronics: Tonepump Jr Active 2 band circuit, 9 volt. 2 EMG HZ passive single coil pickups.
      Overall weight is 4.5kg, the build quality on this bass is very high indeed.

• By knirirr
      Edit: Withdrawn, as I now have plans to sort out the body colour issue.
      There's not any real need to sell this now, but it doesn't get used any more and so I'll leave it here in case it could benefit anyone with the the same playing but different colour preferences.
      Originally bought on this forum, it's a WD Music neck (dots on both sides so a left-hander could presumably use it) with an ebony board on a body made by Ernie McMillen. The pickups are Villex passive (stacked volume, passive mid and treble cut) and although there's a panel on the back there's nothing underneath it. The strings currently fitted are LaBella Copper white nylon, .050-.105. With the light body and these low tension strings I've found very comfortable to play. 
      I discovered that a crackling neck pickup volume control seems to have been a loose wire - I'll have to re-solder this if I can find my soldering iron or borrow one [Edit: Fixed - see below]. Everything else seems to be in order.
      Collection would be preferred so it can be tried; I'm working in Oxford and live in West Oxfordshire, and could perhaps meet somewhere or deliver for petrol money. If required to post it would probably have to be Parcelforce ; in this case I'd have to include a gig bag (to be taken into account if you want to make an offer). I had a bass come over from Japan in said bag without damage.
      Please ask if you have any questions.

• By spyder
      This is my Patrick Eggle Milan 5 Pro Bass with case. 
      Made in the UK in 1994. 
      This bass sounds 90% as good as my Warrior so I've decided to put it up for sale or trade. 

Original Kent Armstrong pickups.K
      Kent Armstrong 2 band active EQ. 
      Controls are Volume / Blend / Bass / Treble. 
      2 mini switches, one for each pickup. Select between Parallel coils / single coil / Series Coils. 
      Refinished in fantastic bright green colour. 
      Strings are NEW Elrick 50-130. 
      4.1kg on my kitchen scales. 
      Low action, around 2mm at the 17th fret. 
      Has a few scratches and marks from gigging. 
      The coil tap switches add so many bass sounds you can find your ideal very easy. 
      Comes with original gig bag. 
      Prefer collection so that the bass is not damaged.
      Postage is £20 UK and £50 EU.

• By TorVic
      *Price Drop:  1245 GBP / 1425 euros (+ shipping costs within mainland UK / EU)*
      De Origin Deluxe 4 in excellent condition (Original price: 2850 euros / ~2500GBP)

* Alder body
      * Quilted Maple top
      * Maple neck
      * Birdseye Maple fingerboard (24 frets) 
      * Norstrand Big Singles
      * Aguilar OBP-3 9V 
      * Weight: ~3.7kgs
      The two additional switches were added by the previous owner but do not perform any function at the moment - they could be used to configure parallel/series switching between the pickups and a on/off switch.
      Original pics: https://www.degierguitars.com/por…/origin-quilted-sunburst/…

My photos: 

• By ead
      For sale is this rather lovely, yet surplus to requirements jazz bass pickguard.  Not sure of the manufacturer or even how to describe it colour-wise.  It is very striking though.
      £18 posted to UK mainland.