Why become a member? ×

The Rumble filter in the Paradriver V2?

dave_bass5

yeah - what I was trying to say is that the Paradriver v2 filters out low-end in 2 ways.

One is the switchable HPF (which is too high to do what the thumpinator does) and the other is the general Sansamp sub-sonic filter which is not switchable but is *roughly* in the right range for thumpinator duties. The idea with Sansamp, and this goes for all sansamp products from Tech21, is that they mimic what a mic on a cab would do, plus whatever preamp stuff is going on. As a result, not much energy at subsonic freqencies makes it through the pedal as a cab would fail to reproduce it and a mic would fail to pick it up.

I don't know exactly what it does to be honest, but this is the idea, and it is why you *probably* don't need a thumpinator and a sansamp on at the same time. 

Hope that's of some help!

Edited by funkydoug
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, funkydoug said:

yeah - what I was trying to say is that the Paradriver v2 filters out low-end in 2 ways.

One is the switchable HPF (which is too high to do what the thumpinator does) and the other is the general Sansamp sub-sonic filter which is not switchable but is *roughly* in the right range for thumpinator duties. The idea with Sansamp, and this goes for all sansamp products from Tech21, is that they mimic what a mic on a cab would do, plus whatever preamp stuff is going on. As a result, not much energy at subsonic freqencies makes it through the pedal as a cab would fail to reproduce it and a mic would fail to pick it up.

I don't know exactly what it does to be honest, but this is the idea, and it is why you *probably* don't need a thumpinator and a sansamp on at the same time. 

Hope that's of some help!

Wow, great post and yes, very helpful. To be honest i dont need a thumpinator anyway, but i do understand what it can (help) do the the signal.

Good to know there is that little bit of extra cab protection in the T21 stuff. I do also have the Q/strip which has a switchable HPF, as that doesn’t have a cab sim type of tone, but i like the Sansamp effect on my tone so dont really use the Q/strip 

Thanks again.