Why become a member? ×

New Limelight Day

Hobbayne

Look what rattled through my letterbox this morning.

A limelight replica Fender Precision 1963 in Sonic Blue. 😊

Here are the specs:

Faded Sonic Blue

Hand rolled finger board

Clay dots

Light relic

Rosewood P width neck

Mint Green scratchplate

Period correct 1960’s Fender Precision logo

Thumb rest below strings.

All metal work just lightly tarnished

Reverse Gotoh Tuners

Strap button on reverse of headstock

Roundwound strings

When Mark first sent me the finished pictures I was a bit disappointed that the scratchplate seemed more white than a faded-to-green colour.

However, This was just a result of the camera flash probably. It looks amazing.

I dont know what strings he put on. They look like Rotos but I dont like them so they will be coming off  and replaced with D'Addarios.

Seems to be quite well set up out of the box so theres a nice surprise.

IMG_7956.JPG

IMG_9324.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

• Like 11

Some size of letterbox you've got...!!

Seriously though, that's minted, looks real sweet...I'm generally not too mad on relic'd basses normally, but I could live with that...I also love that sonic blue colour too...so much so, that I'm currently thinking about my potential Limelight order having seen than (was originally going to be Fiesta Red)...although I'd still need to go with a maple neck though...

Happy NBD...! 

• Like 1

Gorgeous. I've just told Mark to go ahead with my first Limelight, so excited.

I've asked for a light relic as well but I didn't specify all metal work just lightly tarnished. Is this included as part of the relic or do I need to ask for this to be done?

33 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Gorgeous. I've just told Mark to go ahead with my first Limelight, so excited.

I've asked for a light relic as well but I didn't specify all metal work just lightly tarnished. Is this included as part of the relic or do I need to ask for this to be done?

Yes.If you look at all the Limelights on his website they are nearly all tarnished to some degree.

You can try and ask him to leave it alone, but replicating old and vintage guitars is what he does. Including simulated wear.

He quoted me 12 weeks for this one, but as he was waiting for parts for other builds he did mine and finished it ahead of schedule.

Well done on oredering your Limelight, what did you go for?

31 minutes ago, Hobbayne said:

Yes.If you look at all the Limelights on his website they are nearly all tarnished to some degree.

You can try and ask him to leave it alone, but replicating old and vintage guitars is what he does. Including simulated wear.

He quoted me 12 weeks for this one, but as he was waiting for parts for other builds he did mine and finished it ahead of schedule.

Well done on oredering your Limelight, what did you go for?

I just wanted to make sure he relic'd the metal work as well so I am assuming he will. Would look odd if the body was but the rest of the bass wasn't.

Yes, he has quoted me 12 - 16 weeks as well and I so can't wait.

I have gone for a 1960 - 1962 Fender Jazz in Sherwood Green, with Stack knobs and unlined fretless neck. Similar to this but fretless.

abltvbajsaknu27bj5bx.jpg