Why become a member? ×

quiet vs loud

danbowskill

Has anyone else experienced pedals that sound crud when practicing low level but when cranked they sing?

I was gifted a T rex bass juice for my b day, when played at home I thought it was a proper stinker carp distortion......but after a full on band practice i was blown away! Such a awesome dirt tone

2 hours ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

I got a Mosky Obsessive overdrive pedal yesterday and at low volume theres barely a noticeable effect, but cranked up with headphones on its brilliant. I'm hoping it works out loud, sans-headphones!

I had the moosky obsessive and found the opposite.....at low level it was excellent sounding but when at practice it felt very thin on the low end 😞

2 hours ago, danbowskill said:

I had the moosky obsessive and found the opposite.....at low level it was excellent sounding but when at practice it felt very thin on the low end 😞

I haven't tried it at full blast but had a go this morning when the house was empty. I wasn't playing loud but it sounded great for home practising. I can imagine it getting a bit reedy on a big studio cab, did the HP/LP switch help at all?