Left leaderboard
AinsleyWalker

Which would be easier? - Changing the velcro on my Pedaltrain Metro, or changing the velcro on my pedals?

Basically I've recently bought a Pedaltrain Metro 24 off of somebody but they've put the hook/rough side of the velcro onto the board rather than the loop/soft side...
So both my pedals and board have hook side on... I'm currently only using 5 or 6 pedals.

Should I replace the velcro on the board or the pedals? I'd rather change the velcro on the board but I'm not sure how tricky that would be.

Posted (edited)

Change the board to loop. 90% of folk put the hook side on the pedal, so if you kept the hook on your board you’d have to change the Velcro on every used pedal you buy from now on. It would get old quickly.

If you haven’t got enough spare Velcro it can be cheaply bought online in rolls. When I was in the middle of my intense pedalboard phase, the big thing I learned was you can never have too much Velcro! 

Edited by CameronJ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Markhbass
      Pedaltrain Novo 18.
      Good condition. Used, but well looked after.
      Takes plenty of pedals and has velcro on the bottom for power.
      £45 inc. postage.
      Thanks,
      Mark.

• By Wolverinebass
      So, I recently acquired a Darkglass X ultra for my studio. I'm using my Tech 21 Dug Pedal in one of my bands. 
      I'm sure some people I'm sure will be interested in the comparison? I sat down the other day with my Rick 4003 and set to work.
      Firstly, both pedals are brilliant. There is no denying that. Now, let's get down to the meat. The Dug is obviously based on achieving his own tone. Now, not everyone wants that. I don't. However, despite it having a fixed crossover it's amazingly versatile and even at more extreme gain settings is still musical. Now for the downside. The mid scoop. It's there where the problem lies with this. Even with fiddling you can't get it back as the pedal eq just isn't voiced that way. Most of the time this isn't a problem though. The clean tone is a bit so-so and it's impossible to switch from clean to dirty with settings that are workable for either.
      This then brings me to the Darkglass. It has both a filter for the lows to keep them clean and one for how much frequency wise of the signal gets distorted. Sharp bite to brutal fuzz is possible. The 7 band eq is great as well, so a clean tone is easy enough to achieve. This brings me on to the distortion. It has a different character than the Dug. The only way I could describe it is "Darkglass." It's just what it is. So, can you get the same sounds out of each? Yes, but it takes some effort.
      At harsher settings the Darkglass fizzes a bit and at higher low end settings the bass turns a bit mushy in my view. However, unless you're mental, you're not going to do that.
      So which is better? Depends on your point of view. The Dug is £150 cheaper give or take. But it's less flexible. The Darkglass has more things to get used to, but is much more agile to change on the fly. Is that worth the price difference? Depends.
      On a personal note, I'd use the Dug live as I know it better. However, I feel that more can be wrung out of the X ultra if you choose to try to. The fact  it has switchable cab emulation is another bonus. Maybe the inherent "Darkglassness" of it might put people off, but in many ways it's better than the Dug. Possibly, the Dug has a more musical distortion, but that is a very personal choice for the player. I'm a Tech 21 person for life, but always like trying new stuff. 
      Take your pick. I doubt either would disappoint anyone.
    • By Gardenerben
      Time to move on some pedals and associated equipment that aren't getting used. Gigged a couple of times at most all good condition some with velcro on the base. Boxed where shown but all will be well packaged for delivery. Prices are + any fees and delivery. 
      Only item where trades considered is the Pedaltrain Novo 24 which I might be interested in Pedaltrain Metro or Classic with softcase and cash my way. 

DHA VT1 - Pro Bass Drive - Complete with power supply, built Feb 2018 - £Sold
      Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS 12 - Brand new in box, this was a replacement received after a diode blew in the original one supplied. It's never been used as I made alternative arrangements before the replacement was received. Comes complete with all leads etc.. £Sold
      Electro-Harmonix - Freeze Soundretainer Complete with power supply £80
      Pedaltrain Novo 24 with Tour Case. Velcro fitted and drilled for CS12 to mount underneath. Tourcase is as new.  £Sold
      TC Electronic - Polytune 3 (this has a couple of scuffs on the case edges but even has film still on screen and works A1, see pics)  £Sold
      TC Electronic - Ditto Looper £Sold
      TC Electronic - Flashback Mini Delay £50 £40
      TC Electronic - Sub 'n' Up Mini Octave £50 £Sold
      TC Electronic - HOF mini Reverb £50 £40
      Ernie Ball 6" Instrument cable *6 £Sold

Cheers

My Feedback - 

• By Marky Screen
      Pedaltrain 2 with soft case in excellent condition. 
      This is the older version of the classic 2 board they do now.
      Dimensions: 24" x 12.5" x 2.5"
      Velcro applied across all the rails.
      Board for a large board that never happened, I just want to take the smallest amount of stuff to gigs now.
      Price includes UK postage

• By ratman
      I'm clearing out a few pedal boards and accessories. I'd prefer the boards be collected, but I'm happy to talk about shipping. All the cables are in good condition and working.

Diago Showman pedal board. £35.
      Internal size 750mm x 350mm. Used but still in good condition. Built like a tank. The original velcro inside has been replaced with pro quality velcro, and stuck down with contact adhesive. Unlike the poor standard Diago velcro, this stuff will never come loose. Some marks on the outside tolex but nothing bad.

8 x Diago Pedal Risers. £3 each.
      1 inch high, boss pedal size, to raise up pedals at the back of your board for better access to switches.

4 x George Ls straight connectors. £2.50 each.

11 x 15cm Patch Cables. £1.50 each. Pancake (flat, right angled) connectors.

46 x George Ls right angle connectors. £2.50 each. **** SOLD ****

Pedaltrain Novo 24 & tour case. £80. **** SOLD ****

Pedaltrain Classic Junior & soft case. £50. **** SOLD ****

2 x Midi Hammer 50cm MIDI cables. £8 each. **** SOLD ****

Diago Gigman pedal board. £20. **** SOLD ****