Why become a member? ×

Oh no, hand injury!

vmaxblues

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='349039' date='Dec 8 2008, 08:51 PM']Hi guys,

I have a gig on saturday and my left hand is killing me, I haven't a clue what I have done to do it, it appears to be at the base of the thumb, and it is excrutiating to play, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Stuart[/quote]

See a doctor? You will prob get loads of useless unedumacated tips but without knowing what caused it a doctor is yer best bet.

I sliced the palm of my fretting hand open the day of a gig once! Panicked for a little while then cleaned it up and super glued it back together :) Worked a treat!

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='349054' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:01 PM']Won't solve it but may ease the pain and help a little....try some glucosamine gel, you can get it from lots of places but Holland & Barratt do it cheap.

Mike[/quote]

Or ibuprofen gel.
Trip to the doc is best though

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='349054' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:01 PM']Won't solve it but may ease the pain and help a little....try some glucosamine gel, you can get it from lots of places but Holland & Barratt do it cheap.

Mike[/quote]Hi Mike I like that bass in your avatar, I believe Mr King has 5 string the same colour, any chance of some pics please?
Steve.
P.S. I hope it's not Carpal Tunnel. :)

I'm just getting over this problem.

It's probably Tenosynovitus - the inflamation of the tendon sheath at the base of your thumb.

I'm just resting it at the moment, and making damn sure I do a proper warm up when I do start playing again!

[url="http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069141/"]http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069141/[/url]

Mind you, it might not be that. If it isn't, see a doctor!