Left leaderboard
pete_the_beat

***SOLD*** G&L L-1000 '83
£950
Denmark

***Bass is now sold***

For sale is my G&L L-1000 from 1983.

The bass is in great condition, sounds fantastic and looks phenomenal.
It will be shipped in an original G&G flight case.
The instrument is located in Denmark.

I never thought I would be putting this up for sale but ever since I picked up a Dingwall NG2 I've been longing for a Super P.
So a straight sale would be preferred.

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

IMG_6194.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

Edited by pete_the_beat
  • Like 2

I had one of these... amazing passive bass with a perfect neck.

GLWTS!

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BassApprentice
      Being sold with a heavy heart, I've had her for 10 glorious years - but it just doesn't get used and I don't connect with it anymore. MY G&L L2000 - the white now a lovely vintage cream - some fabulous flame on the maple too.
      She's in great condition for being 35 years old - I've shown the staining from what I can guess is guitar stand use but that was there when I bought it. Also some tarnishing on the control knobs but gives it some mojo. As with all G&Ls this is POWERFUL - the MFD pickups put out a lot of kick but in tandem with the EQ this bass can do almost anything you need it to. Strung with almost brand new NYXL which are great.
      Unfortunately I don't have scales so can't say how much it weighs, but not a light bass.
      Comes with a fitted hardcase and wee treat showing that it had a new nut in 1988 in the USA so it must have been there at some point.
      Try me with trades - but cash is King.
      Shipping is possible, but with couriers being couriers collection is preferred. Can discuss meeting somewhere if that's an option.
      Please feel free to ask any questions

• By NickMK1
      Selling my virtually new G&L Tribute Series L2000 4 string bass in Tobacco Burst finish

Swamp ash body in Tobacco 3 tone sunburst finish. Hard rock maple neck. Weight 9lbs 8oz.  New set of D’Addario strings and professional new full set up by luthier and guitar tech Andy Viccars. 

Looking for £495.00 as these currently retail for £679.00 (£785 List)  from the usual big discount music gear retailers and it is virtually brand new.  Beautiful showroom condition but with one very tiny lacquer chip to the truss rod adjuster access hole edge which is barely noticeable.

This bass is effectively brand new (only played twice since purchase), and purchased from Hollywood Music in Milton Keynes, being an insurance replacement for one I had stolen, but by then I’d bought something else and it hasn’t been gigged. 

Massive sound functionality in the variety of pickup settings and tones available from the G&L designed Tri-Tone TM active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selectors which include, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost), volume, treble and bass.

This the G&L Tribute series, having all the genuine American hardware and pickups, but assembled in Indonesia, and returned to the USA for setting up and quality checking by the G&L US factory before sale. Plays incredibly well with a lovely low action and fast neck.

PM me or ring/text 07971 052065 for more details - Collect from Milton Keynes.
      Looking for £495.00.

This is what the G&L web site says about these:

“When Leo Fender† launched the G&L L-2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste.

The foundation of the L-2000 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2000 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.

The Tribute® Series L-2000 delivers the magic of Leo’s revolutionary bass at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.”

• By Embra
      For sale: £1250, now £1100. No trades thanks.

I ordered this from the US in 2015 and I’ve been the sole owner since. It’s a custom build G&L LB-100 in jet black with an empress body and a quarter-sawn maple neck. I’m selling it because my Sadowsky MV4-HPJ covers the same ground and more (although it is heavier). This is an extremely lightweight bass at 7.5 lbs.
      It’s in excellent condition - with only a few minor scuffs on the back (see photos).
      Specs:
      Body: Jet Back empress body Neck: Bolt-on quarter-sawn maple with matching finger board (G&L #12 Modern Medium C, 1 5/8 inch nut width and 7.5 inch radius). Satin Vintage Tint finish. Scale: 34” Pickup: G&L LB100 Alnico Frets: Medium Jumbo Tuning keys: Custom G&L Ultra-Lite Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles Electronics: Volume & Tone, passive. Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell It’s been strung with the same flats since I bought it (Labella 760FL) and I’ll leave them on - a match made in heaven in my view but I’ll also put in the unused original D’Addarios in the case too.
      It comes with all the original case candy.
      Postage included: will be insured & delivered via UPS to mainland UK (please contact me if you live in remote rural areas like the Lake District, Highlands etc as they up-charge for those deliveries). It will be fully protected in double-wall cardboard packaging and bubble wrap.
      If you live close to Edinburgh you’re welcome to come round and try it.

• By gary mac
      I must stop buying guitars
      Anyway, this is a nice early example of a Tribute Asat, equipped with Leo's very powerful MFD pick ups.
      Very good condition, with one dink to the top horn and one on the back of the neck (see pics).
      Everything works as it should and the weight is just over 8lb.
      I've given it a proper clean , set up and a new set of D'Addarios. 
      Decent hard case included.
      Price is £ 425 ono. Collection preferred but can courier for around £20 (mainland only)